Latest FDX Bid 03-02 Suspended. . .

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Get out of here!

Don't go pulling our chains now! Are they in class as in to become S/Os or are they in class to learn how to train new S/Os? Inquiring minds need to know.

FE class?

TonyC

Where did you hear that there were folks in class? The master seniority list doesn't show anyone past #4217, and that pilot has been online since February of this year. Assuming that there are Pro's in school, wouldn't they have been given seniority numbers right away? Their employee numbers would be out of order from the rest of the guys at the bottom.

Unless I've missed something (which is entirely possible since I've thankfully been away from planet Memphis for a good while) there was no official announcement of a "new" class. Did they show up in the training letter? They're not posted there now, just one A60 herpe.

Just wondering....

Re: FE class?

PurpleInMEM said:
TonyC

Where did you hear that there were folks in class? The master seniority list doesn't show anyone past #4217, and that pilot has been online since February of this year. Assuming that there are Pro's in school, wouldn't they have been given seniority numbers right away? Their employee numbers would be out of order from the rest of the guys at the bottom
I stood in the classroom talking to them during a break.

They won't get seniority numbers until the Basic Indoc class begins, which, as I mentioned, will follow at a date yet to be determined. In the past, Internal hires (including Pro Instructors) started the same as everyone else, with Basic Indoc followed by FE class. Obviously, they're doing things a bit differently in this case. Presumably, once the Basic Indoc begins they'll get Seniority Numbers, be at the head of the class and begin IOE as soon as Indoc is over.

Originally posted by Falconjet
Do you know how many are in the class?
No. I didn't ask. I know there were 3 or 4 other guys still in the room during the break (who knows how many were out of the room) and one of them was wearing an FAA ID. I assume he was observing, but I can't guess about the others. They may have been Pros from other airplanes in the same shoes as the guys I know, or they might have been Corporate Internals, or they may have been Newly hired professionals learning to teach, or... well, the possibilities are endless, I suppose. The bottom line is, I don't know how many.

I DO know THESE guys were starting 727 FE training.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back