• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest @ Evergreen?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They spent more than $50 mill just getting it approved a few years ago. It hasn't had a real long or even medium term contract since. How much do they lose on it every year?

C.H. and I go way back. We have had many conversations regarding the Supertanker over the years. It is a never ending money pit.

Your right about not just jumping in it and showing up.....I suspect the thing isn't even airworthy at the moment. As for paying for it to sit in MZJ, Del should pay for parking just like anyone else....he doesn't own the Air Center anymore.

Now if he would just sell the airline to someone who wants to be in the air cargo business, we would all be better off.

Shoe Phone said 50 million.. Thats a long way from 100 Million. I don't know how much they have spent on it and I really don't care.

I wish someone would buy the airline and get us some planes. I wish all the Union BS would get settled so we could move on. But for now one person is holding things up.

We all want the same thing and that is work so I can pay my bills. I am tired of hearing the same we are looking at -400s and then nothing happens. We have looked at more 400's with nothing to show for it. Got to go have work a flight have a good night..

If you mean the holding company that owns Southern Air, You have to ask why? I heard the same thing a few weeks ago from some of EIA's best story tellers. Why would any other airline want the 9 classic and 1 400 we have. 4 of the classic planes have over 105000 hours on them. I dont see it but if it did happen it would be nice to work with you again..

A few years ago, when Atlas was looking at Evergreen, it was the certificate that had GREAT value. I guess it's one of the oldest ones out there and has a lot of landing/overfly rights that you can no longer get.

I think 3-5 years ago Del would have had a shot at finding a buyer for the airline....but now it is probably too late. The fleet is too old and pathetic.

Our competitors don't need our certificate. Look at Atlas and Kalitta, they don't have the same certificate as us....yet they fly all over the world.

If Del doesn't decide soon that he really wants to run an airline, then EZ is doomed. He is wasting too much time and money on pathetic side businesses like the Imax and Waterpark. What's next? Evergreen Miniature Golf ? Evergreen Petting Zoo?

I think the petting Zoo is in the works.. So keep your fingers crossed. Mini golf would be nice and a great way to work on that putting stroke.

I don't care what they build across the street. The airline still make enough cash to cover all that and get some newer planes. The fleet was old and pathetic 5 years ago. We need a few BCF's to replace 470/471/482/485/486 the GE planes still have some life in them.

If we fly one of those to MMV in would make a great indoor Mini golf...

Weren't the pilots realeased a while back to cooling off? Last I heard they were gung ho to strike and force Del's arm?

All said and done it's a very sad to see the possible decline of on of the greats out there.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back