• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest at Flexjet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mr. Dookee, your a funny sob, although your last postings seems to have gone over the heads of most readers. Guess this manufactured "crisis" really has all our wanta-be unionists even more muddle-headed than usual.
WL19

If (and that's a mighty big if right now) there is a merger / acquisition between NetJets and Flexjet, the final seniority list will be determined by the standards set out in McCaskill-Bond, Allegheny-Mohawk and our CBA. The question then comes down to what is "fair and equitable." It won't be a staple if that's the road traveled.

That is a big question. Does Bond-McCaskill apply here? If it does, then Allegheny-Mohawk applies. But if we are not air carriers as specified in the law, then all that is out the window. Anyone know if we meet the definition of air carrier as it pertains to Bond-McCaskill?

I think Flex and Netjet pilots need to settle this.... in the Octogon.

The rest of us will settle in with some beverages and some popcorn, and root for the one with the most interesting leotard.

Last edited:
That is a big question. Does Bond-McCaskill apply here? If it does, then Allegheny-Mohawk applies. But if we are not air carriers as specified in the law, then all that is out the window. Anyone know if we meet the definition of air carrier as it pertains to Bond-McCaskill?

DOH,

Flex has a Part 135 air carrier certificate and that meets the definition. I'm pretty sure that Flex pilots would be covered under McCaskill-Bond but without an actual union, someone in Flexjet management would represent their interests during any SLI talks. Not the best solution in my mind.

Here's a copy of the actual McCaskill-Bond amendment - thanks to Brian Ward for posting it.

McCaskill Amendent
CONSOLIDATED APPROPRIATIONS ACT, 2008
HR 2764
SEC. 117. LABOR INTEGRATION.
(a) LABOR INTEGRATION.—With respect to any covered transaction involving two or more covered air
carriers that results in the combination of crafts or classes that are subject to the Railway Labor Act
(45 U.S.C. 151 et seq.), sections 3 and 13 of the labor protective provisions imposed by the Civil
Aeronautics Board in the Allegheny-Mohawk merger (as published at 59 C.A.B. 45) shall apply to
the integration of covered employees of the covered air carriers; except that—
(1) if the same collective bargaining agent represents the combining crafts or classes at each
of the covered air carriers, that collective bargaining agent’s internal policies regarding
integration, if any, will not be affected by and will supersede the requirements of this
section; and
(2) the requirements of any collective bargaining agreement that may be applicable to the
terms of integration involving covered employees of a covered air carrier shall not be
affected by the requirements of this section as to the employees covered by that agreement,
so long as those provisions allow for the protections afforded by sections 3 and 13 of the
Allegheny-Mohawk provisions.
(b) DEFINITIONS.—In this section, the following definitions apply:
(1) AIR CARRIER.—The term ‘‘air carrier’’ means an air carrier that holds a certificate issued
under chapter 411 of title 49, United States Code.
(2) COVERED AIR CARRIER.—The term ‘‘covered air carrier’’ means an air carrier that is
involved in a covered transaction.
(3) COVERED EMPLOYEE.—The term ‘‘covered employee’’ means an employee who—
(A) is not a temporary employee; and
(B) is a member of a craft or class that is subject to the Railway Labor Act (45 U.S.C.
151 et seq.).
(4) COVERED TRANSACTION.—The term ‘‘covered transaction’’ means—
(A) a transaction for the combination of multiple air carriers into a single air carrier;
and which
(B) involves the transfer of ownership or control of—
(i) 50 percent or more of the equity securities (as defined in section 101 of
title 11, United States Code) of an air carrier; or
(ii) 50 percent or more (by value) of the assets of the air carrier.
(c) APPLICATION.—This section shall not apply to any covered transaction involving a covered air
carrier that took place before the date of enactment of this Act.
(d) EFFECTIVENESS OF PROVISION.—This section shall become effective on the date of enactment of this
Act and shall continue in effect in fiscal years after fiscal year 2008.

Flexjet does not hold a 135 certificate, they act as agents for a 135 Certificate called JSLLC. I don't know if any of the above applies in that case.

Last edited:
On a positive note, I just signed up with Rex-Kwon-Do

http://www.rexkwondodojo.com/id1.html

Odd, I pegged you as more of a using a tupperware sales pitch to sell boob supplements to Rex's muscled up wife kinda guy.

In other news, it has been revealed that those sweet stars and stripes pants were the runner up pattern in the design our new winter jacket competition.

Latest resources

Back