Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The only good news was the free beer.

What other kind of good news is needed?

We're supposed to be flat next year. 2-3 aircraft deliveries paired with sales for neutral growth.

We have a large number of contracts coming due which could get interesting. We're hoping for a very high retention rate. As in exponentially higher than our standard target. It will be interesting to see if people renew or move to jet cards.

The money is out there. The wealthy are sitting on it for obvious reasons.

The tax extension helps, the stock market is up, forecast looks good (5 years), now all we need is unemployment to begin its fall; which it should based on the stock market.

The tax extension helps, the stock market is up, forecast looks good (5 years), now all we need is unemployment to begin its fall; which it should based on the stock market.
Flex could help those stats by recalling a few of us.

Were more likely to furlough again next year than recall. I'm not so sure were anywhere near out of the woods yet. This economy is still on eggshells. I hope I'm wrong!

Were more likely to furlough again next year than recall. I'm not so sure were anywhere near out of the woods yet. This economy is still on eggshells. I hope I'm wrong!

They are doing that poorly?

Agreed - if hubby's latest checkride is any indication the info flung around at the bi-annual meet & greet was closer to more cuts (or downgrades) than anything that came out of that meeting or is on BB. Maybe it's good cop bad cop thing, maybe it's a right hand left hand thing, heck maybe it's even a diabolical plot to keep everyone confused but there are way too many completly different stories to believe any of it. Flex has never been forthcoming with reality, smoke & mirrors must just be too much fun I guess. Whoever's behind the desk doesn't seem to change much of that.

My personal favorite is FRs veiled admission in press articles earlier this year that breaking even wasn't good enough, that a return to profitability was truly what was behind the 85. Funny when you synch up the timelines he eludes to and the stories being dispersed at the same time and it makes you wonder if they even bother to pay attention to this stuff.

DOOM and GLOOM! How many guys have we lost this year(Fired,medical reasons,retiring,taken other jobs)?? How many are about to leave for AA/SWA? How bout the guys that are here but, are on medical leave(and, aren't coming back)? How about the new rest rules looming next spring? We are not going to lay any off in 2011..However, I can see some downgrading. You can thank all of those CAFO's that take the left seat when the company asks.

DOOM and GLOOM! How many guys have we lost this year(Fired,medical reasons,retiring,taken other jobs)?? How many are about to leave for AA/SWA? How bout the guys that are here but, are on medical leave(and, aren't coming back)? How about the new rest rules looming next spring? We are not going to lay any off in 2011..However, I can see some downgrading. You can thank all of those CAFO's that take the left seat when the company asks.

Say hi to Mr. Roarke for me.

Acquistions

In my uneducated opinion, there will not be any acquisitions in frac-land in 2011. Marquis and NJ made sense only since NJ was Marquis' largest creditor by far. It had to be done by NJ. The only other deal which makes any sense, and you heard it hear first, is a consolidation of Avantair and XOJET. Avantair needs $$ and more capacity; XOJET could actually use a smaller a/c for times 1-4 pax only need to go 1000 miles or less efficiently. Not a perfect marriage but it give XOJET flexibility (and cost efficiency for owners) it does not have in its model. I know quite a few who have passed on XOJET since the X or CL-300 is much more (i.e., too expensive) for a good bit of their needs.

There was a rumor that there were 12 flex pilots starting SWA classes in January.... true , not true or hearsay maybe .... I can only hope its true for both them and the rest of us wannabes who want back in to Flex.

Latest resources

Back