Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Steve

Curtis Malone
How bad is it after check 21? Are the loads getting smaller? How many are you losing to the airlines? Upgrade time to the Lear? thanks for any info

------ Airnet Wanabe

Check 21 has only cost us one contract so far and doesn't seem to be affecting us yet. Some guys are leaving, but no more than in the past. Upgrades are still running about 12-14 months.

Flying in the Lear depends on what run you are assigned. There is one Lear based and TEB and I am not sure on its route. I think they fly around 5 or 6 hours a night, Monday thru Thursday. We have about 5 or 6 prop pilots based in TEB as well. Lear runs can fly as little as 3 hours and as much as 9-10 hours. Just depends on the route.

As far as the online app, I have no idea how much time it takes for them to call once submitted. I know our hiring is still strong though.

I'm glad to hear check 21 isn't the problem it was made out to be a year ago.

Chicken little strikes again.

Can somebody explain to a flaming dumba$$, (that would be me) what check 21 is? I've heard of it, but I don't know what it means. I'm tired of wondering. :)

CapnVegetto said:
Can somebody explain to a flaming dumba$$, (that would be me) what check 21 is? I've heard of it, but I don't know what it means. I'm tired of wondering. :)

The short version: Check 21 was a law that went into effect last November in response to the closure of US airspace after 9/11 (which brought the US banking system to a halt) allowing (not mandating) banks to transfer electronic images of checks rather than having to physically transport the paper. As banks acquire the technology over time, the need to fly checks will decline in the future.

Latest resources

Back