• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest at Airnet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
St. Paul runs fly the Caravan. We have, I think, 3 prop runs, 2 reserve prop pilots and 1 jet based there. All the St. Paul runs just changed hands as the prop pilots either left the company or upgraded. In that case, that means that those runs may not be available for a while, unless those pilots take advantage of the new more leniant lateral policy. Either way, it all depends on when you finish training. As many have mentioned before, worry about getting through training first, and not what base you will get. Instructors hate it when you keep asking that question. You can always wait to lateral, and with jet upgrades around a year now, it's not that long living in that base. Hope that helps.

USC328

P.S. - Took me 10 months to upgrade to jet and a total of 16 months from start of props to get the jet and move back to Denver where I am from. This is the best type of flying you will ever do and I highly recommend it. Good Luck!!

Does AirNet hire directly to the Lear? Just kidding.

Seriously, how is Rick. and the new facility working out?

USC328 said:
St. Paul runs fly the Caravan. We have, I think, 3 prop runs, 2 reserve prop pilots and 1 jet based there. All the St. Paul runs just changed hands as the prop pilots either left the company or upgraded. In that case, that means that those runs may not be available for a while, unless those pilots take advantage of the new more leniant lateral policy. Either way, it all depends on when you finish training. As many have mentioned before, worry about getting through training first, and not what base you will get. Instructors hate it when you keep asking that question. You can always wait to lateral, and with jet upgrades around a year now, it's not that long living in that base. Hope that helps.

USC328

P.S. - Took me 10 months to upgrade to jet and a total of 16 months from start of props to get the jet and move back to Denver where I am from. This is the best type of flying you will ever do and I highly recommend it. Good Luck!!

What isthe new more leniant lateral policy? Is there still a 1 year seat lock?

To correct USC328 (sorry Purvs), there are 2 lears based in STP (601 and 602). Rick seems to working okay. With anything changing so drastically, we are still working through the kinks. Airnet is a great place to work and the flying experience you receive here is second to none.

Starcheckdriver is absolutely correct. It was late when I typed this. They have 2 lear runs (601,602) based in STP.
Jaybird,

LCK is a huge facility. My last week in CMH was the first week at LCK. (APA based now) Shawn and I ferried one of the Lears from CMH-LCK. Engine start to stop = 6 mins. That was soo much fun. Dispatches new office is at least twice as big with a great view of the ramp. Pilots have their own lounge upstairs, while rampers have their own downstairs. Even MX has their own breakroom and tons of storage area for their parts and offices. There are still it's flaws with longer taxi times and engine start to airborne times out of the city meet due to pilot unfamiliararity, ramp location and controllers. I'm sure they are working hard at getting things done more efficiently, but only time will tell. Our first meet, Sunday night, had an average taxi to takeoff time of 5-6 minutes. All dispatchers were upstairs timing them and making comments of how we need to cut that time down. Anyways, we also just got a new contract with TNT, according to a news link I saw online. Not sure of the validity, but it could be great news for us as a company and boosting our revenues outside of checks.

http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/stories/2005/05/16/daily43.html

As far as the more lenient lateral policy, we received a memo a few weeks ago allowing first year pilots (they were based locked and seat locked) to lateral to another city as long as it does not require more than one aircraft change. Then, they have to sign a new one year contract.

USC328

Last edited:
Callback times...

I am currently in class at Airnet and was called back in 4 days from my latest resume. I had been applying for a year solid before that, though, so it might have been from a previous resume. I am the low-time guy in class, and all were called within anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months. Just keep applying and building the time.

As far as my bases, aircraft, etc., I have no clue and will eventually find out. Good luck to those applying...they are projecting hiring to continue throughout the year.

TX

Latest resources

Back