Latest At Aa/twa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

alek

I had an AA pilot on jumpseat, and he told me that all of the 208 recalls will be done with the training by the end of the July.
Is there any remote chance for any more recalls for this year. My brother is next in line on the merged seniority list.

Thanks infront for the reply!

I hope all of the pilots get back as soon as possible.

I thought I was the next in line. Perhaps your brother is a classmate of mine at TWA. In any event, the rumor is that we may see some more recalls in the fall. The only official word from the company is that they do not expect any more recalls this year, but hope to continue the recalls in 2003. I do know, however, that they are already short FOs in St. Louis and will not allow any of the pilots to bid out of St. Louis because they are so short. I am hoping the rumors are true and that they do recall some more of us this fall.

recall

I didn't mean exactly next in line for the recall, but probably one in the first group of recalls (if they call 20-50).
I think they will recall more by the end of the summer.I also heard that AMR is short of FO's on TWA side.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that you guys are locked in STL domicile till 2004/2005. I hope that's not true.
Also, I had impression (before 911) that because of Preferential Bidding that you guys had in TWA, and enforced 16 hour duty time by the FAA, AMR would need extra pilots to cover TWA flying. I wonder if furloughs for TWA were planned before merger and 911, or are result of 20% of reduction in flying.

My understanding is that the former TWA guys may bid out of STL with company approval and as long as an another AA pilot will not be involuntarily assigned to a STL position as a result of the move. Due to the staffing situation in STL, however, no one is allowed to bid out of STL at this time. I am not an expert on these matters, but that is my understanding of the situation.
The initial furloughs on the TWA side were a direct result of the schedule reduction following 9/11. The later furloughs (including myself) were a direct result of managment's decision to ground all of the 717 aircraft. When that announcement was made, I knew my days were numbered.
I believe that they are still short FOs in STL, but that may change as guys are displaced off the 717. As far as I know, the last 717 will be parked 6/1 and the crews are gradually being trained on other aircraft (767/757, MD80). When all of these guys are trained, there may be an excess of pilots in STL and they decide to furlough some more (although that is unlikely). I still think fall or spring is when we will see the next round of recalls at AA

Latest resources

Back