Latest and greatest on Lynx...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

7574EVER

I know they have been bashed in the past and when I looked at the pay scale my stomach cramped up a little; but, what's the latest on them? I know that being associated with Frontier at this point in time might not be the best. Unfortunately, my options at this point are limited. I'm try applying to all (reasonable) carriers that are still hiring and hope for the best. I'm just not sure if Lynx would fall into that "reasonable" catagory.

F9 put money down for bird #11, and it looks like all 10 options will be exercised for an eventual fleet of 20 a/c. That could make today's newhire a junior captain in a fairly short period of time.

All that is of course contingent on succesful exit financing, and it's a brutal market. Even the DIP financing is questionable, as the Pilots and the Teamsters may not be willing to bend over quite as far as expected, jeopardizing the current deal. We all take our chances. BTW, the uniforms sure suck.

Funny how when you're on furlough, all that talk about "I'd never work for Carrier X" goes out the window, eh?

Frankly, I'd take just about any flying gig ASAP (except Mesa, of course) when furloughed for an indefinite period. That, or get out of aviation altogether. Fact is, your next airline job wants currency, and they'll always be more impressed with a lower time pilot who's been flying the past 1-2 years vs. a high-time guy who hasn't flown any.

I say if you can afford it, take it, and always be angling for your next best job.

It's similar to that cheap uniform that the poor PDT crews have to wear, charcoal fabric (so you can't outsource pants) and the single thread silverish stripes. The hat has a neat, modern alternative to the scrambled eggs, but the emblem is a big green blob. Plus they make you wear it. Mainline dropped the mandatory hats this spring, lol. Our hat emblem could use some improvement as well, but I guess that's beside the point.

California Highway Patrol, $4750.00 to $5700.00 per month starting. Aero bureau too!
PBR

Wow, wow, wow. I went to a general job fair today and talked to the stateys about flying airplanes for them, they said you have to be state patrol before you can fly airplanes in Colorado.

Wow, wow, wow. I went to a general job fair today and talked to the stateys about flying airplanes for them, they said you have to be state patrol before you can fly airplanes in Colorado.

Same thing here in Illinois. I have a college buddy who was hired into the state police as a pilot; but, he has to do something along the lines of two years on the streets before they let him in the plane.

It's similar to that cheap uniform that the poor PDT crews have to wear, charcoal fabric (so you can't outsource pants) and the single thread silverish stripes. The hat has a neat, modern alternative to the scrambled eggs, but the emblem is a big green blob. Plus they make you wear it. Mainline dropped the mandatory hats this spring, lol. Our hat emblem could use some improvement as well, but I guess that's beside the point.

Not to mention the entire unfiorm will cost you nearly $1,000 dollars. The pants are also 100% wool so they are incredibly comfortable.

Not to mention the entire unfiorm will cost you nearly $1,000 dollars. The pants are also 100% wool so they are incredibly comfortable.

Worldwide Pants!

Latest resources

Back