Latest and greatest at Southern

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Carry lots of lube with you?[/QUOTE

I don't work for SA, but please explain yourself Mr. Smartass. Maybe if you ever held a real job in the real world outside of aviation you might know hard times when you see them. You come across to me like a spoiled brat!

most of us here are homeless and divorced, you can live on the road and never pay mortgage again. and my ex cant find me so screw the alimony! like i say its great come on over if it suits ya

Crazy were arguing about this. Everyone probably has a good reason for what their current career choice is. It speaks volumes to me that there are so many former Legacy pilots who I fly with at Southern and everyone of them has bypassed recall. I have yet to meet one who plans on going back.

In the last 18 months, I know of 2 who went back to American, one who took a recall to United.

Others have left for Virgin America, Jet Blue as well as a carrier in the Middle East.

Don't fool yourself; although the QOL of an ACMI pilot could be exceptional, you would have to work for an exceptional company for that to happen.

Atlas is such a company. This place certainly isn't. The QOL on the 777 is pretty good, granted, but you're going to be sitting right seat for a long time before you get a chance to upgrade.

The 400 flying is basically the same as the 200, with most trips starting off with a 24 hour commute in coach class.

Word on the street is that HR was hit last month with 40+ PRIA requests.

No matter what the career choice 40+ PRIAs is a good sign...maybe some movement in the industry....

Latest resources

Back