• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest and greatest at Delta...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From what I'm seeing at ASA- lots of people that were holding out for DAL are now applying to USAirways. I can see the pool getting shallower and shallower, from where I sit. I'd say a healthy 70% of the Captains at ASA are not going to move on, without the liquidation of their employer.

My brother in law just finished AF flight training, and graduated first in his class. He ran to the C-17 because he knew he'd be flying, and not joining an unmanned aircraft group. The class immediately in front of him went 100% UAV. Since that time does not qualify you for logged flight time at a Major, or any where else for that matter, where else is the pool of pilots going to come from?????? Even the military is drying up.

From what my contacts are saying- when DAL starts to hire, they intend to do so indefinately for a VERY lengthy amount of time. It's getting to the point that ASA (ExpressJet) and the DAL MEC is in talks with management to establish a pilot pipeline between the two companies- a sort of flow. This is strictly theory for now, but it is being discussed as an option.

You are pretty close here from what I have been told. Over staffed a bit now but worried about the need for about 7000 pilots in next 10 yrs or so.

I hear they are going to take another round of pay cuts and ship more flying off to SkyWest. Does that sound about right?

To bad we couldn't figure out who some of these guys are and be sure they wouldn't get within 100 miles of ATL . Because when they get turned down at that number one place they will be at DAL's door.

To bad we couldn't figure out who some of these guys are and be sure they wouldn't get within 100 miles of ATL . Because when they get turned down at that number one place they will be at DAL's door.

Funny , Delta will hire anyone. Doubt a delta pilot can stop someone from getting hired.

Pay increases? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

And you don't know about the General.....right.....

I can't stop laughing about Song getting pay raises. You guys will trade cash for magic beans or something stupid. Don't get mad though. It's a Song pilots natural instinct to give money to the company. You guys can't help it.

Pay increase? Ha ha ha ha ha

SO Stink Stick, are you still blowing that general and think you can even get an interview at DAL? Please try so we can all black ball you from the process.

Yea, leave it to the RJ guy to be accurate.

The "other" thread has 85.5k posts and 9.3M views. So either way, you're only off that loc by about 7-8 dots. Continue.

This is why the old guys don't care about selling you down the river. Every time an RJ puke posts some garbage on a board or spews some junk on a radio it reinforces the idea that you are an intellectually and mechanically inferior set of aviators who deserve less. That's harsh, but from their perspective it rings true.

Says the "professional" with the Jar-Jar picture

Internal Delta memo released late last year (2011) already stated no planned hiring for 2012.

True, but you and I both know a year of "forcasting" in this business is a little more than far fetched. This industry lives a lifetime in 6 months. Time will tell, and a lot of it depends on what happens with American, I feel.

Latest resources

Back