Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Headfake14

646 3A
Anyone flying around LRP (Lancaster, PA) last night (8/31/08) around 0225Z?

all the amish corn huskers get together after a barn raising and go to the led zepplin - pink floyd laser light show to end the summer.

although MD is pushing north and PHL and the mainline continue to push west in the LNS area its still full hick in most of that area so if you really want rev up the old firebird, camero or fiero get a mullett and head out there. you might even catch warrent or poison in concert.

Last edited:
Was it red or green and did you report it?

I told ATC when we got laser'd last year and the next day and for a week following we had the FBI calling both of us trying to get all the details...

all the amish corn huskers get together after a barn raising and go to the led zepplin - pink floyd laser light show to end the summer.

although MD is pushing north and PHL and the mainline continue to push west in the LNS area its still full hick in most of that area so if you really want rev up the old firebird, camero or fiero get a mullett and head out there. you might even catch warrent or poison in concert.

Ill see you at the BUCK!!!

Was it red or green and did you report it?

I told ATC when we got laser'd last year and the next day and for a week following we had the FBI calling both of us trying to get all the details...

I got lasered (green pulsing) last Nov (2007) on a right base for the loc 27R in phl (just east of the rancocas creek, north of SJ regional and flying W).

We reported it to PHL approach but I never herd anything from the FAA or FBI.

Sorry for the "silence".

I posted this...then realized I had to run downstairs for the hotel shuttle to work...didn't have time to put in details then...but wanted to start the ball rolling...

so

Yes...reported ALL details right away. Was telling ATC about it while we were still being painted. We were at FL300! We were lit up for about 2 minutes. Super bright crisp green light. I thought I was seeing fireworks from the corner of my eye when it caught my attention. I saw the source while the capt couldn't from his angle...but he could see the ceiling of the cockpit illuminate green. Our vision wasn't affected....probably because of 6 miles worth of air between us and the source.

Spoke with company security about it and filled out the survey...haven't had any feds call me or anything like that.

capt had a unique idea as we talked about it the next 3 hrs to AUS....should've turned off all exterior lights...then see if we could still be "tracked". If so, then perhaps these goons were also playing with night vision or some infrared toys.

Latest resources

Back