Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jump don't answer the ph on days off!

Nobody answers the phone on days off.

What he is referring to is taking considerable time bidding for your days off and having the company take them AT WILL. They will put days off wher THEY want them with no regard to your wishes. They will give you single days off with 6 days bookended on either side.

5 years on reserve is getting pretty old.

Tell them you will do the trip then go eat somewhere on virginia. It's in the contract we can go eat. Is there a time limit?

Jump don't answer the ph on days off!

I never do. But is it really necessary to bug me 3 times with an automated text or phone call before they figure out I'm not going to auto notify? I get little time away from work, so what time I do get with my family is highly cherished. Why is it necessary for them to put work on the forfront of my mind when I should be able to recharge? Oh wait- it's because they can't staff the airline properly, and they try to get you to auto notify, hoping you won't realize, that they can keep you on call durring your call period, give you a later duty, and start your 16 hr. duty day at your duty in time, rather than the start of your call period............Just another way for them to squeez the turnip.

But is it really necessary to bug me 3 times with an automated text or phone call before they figure out I'm not going to auto notify?
Set your preferences to auto-email you, and then give them an email address you don't use. (I gave them my wife's email that is set to exclusive--anybody not in her address book goes straight to junk). Those auto-notifications are for their convenience (hoping they won't have to use a real person to call you), but in the end they are required to use a real person to call you.

Set your preferences to auto-email you, and then give them an email address you don't use. (I gave them my wife's email that is set to exclusive--anybody not in her address book goes straight to junk). Those auto-notifications are for their convenience (hoping they won't have to use a real person to call you), but in the end they are required to use a real person to call you.

This has been done, an yet, I STILL get partial voice messages from their auto dialer in my mailbox. I have also been getting calls from varyious strange numbers with different area codes for notification. In addition to these odd numbers that aren't Atlanta area coded, I get calls from "unavailable" numbers.

I set a nonsense number to call a few years ago and since have never gotten an automated thing.

Latest resources

Back