• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

lan chile

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lan Chile hasn't furlougued anyone in years......as a matter of fact they have not stopped hiring since 1997 after they decided to join forces with Aeroperu and SAM.

I'll be in Santiago next week for a good while, maybe I can find out If indeed they are still hiring crews and If foreigners are welcome.

I lived in Santiago Chile in 02/03 and had a few friends who flew for LanChile. Nice airline, however the pay is somewhat low when compared with US carries (although the cost of living is less, it's not that cheap to live well in Chile). FO's earn around $1500-2000 USD and Captains make no more than $4,000-$6000.
They work many more days per month then most US pilots (my buddy on A320 works about 20 days per month). Plus they do not bid their schedules like in the US. They are assigned a schedule for the month. Plus they only get ONE roundtrip LanChile pass per year (for familiy memebers as well) to use which must be requested weeks in advance.

Basically the airline is run with a strict management stlye towards the fligth crews. And with all of their alliance airlines it makes it hard for the pilot groups to gain unity for Union type purposes.....

I'd think you'd be better off working for a US cargo carrier out of MIA that has two weeks on/then two weeks off schedule and then jumpseat to live in Chile on your days off.

Best of luck and keep us posted on your findings!

free.bird

Latest resources

Back