Lakers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
D. Voss

It would seem as though Voss runs his airline as if it were a hobby rather than a buisness. Anytime they get something going that works they immediatley change it. It was rumored by several that knew him personally that he made sure his airline showed very little profit to keep his ex-wife from getting anything. Im sure he makes a pretty penny off of his printing company selling his airline all the forms and documents they need for daily operations. I think thats where his bread is buttered. As for J.D. being back, I dont know for sure but I wouldnt leave Fed Ex to go back to Lakes. J. Pomeroy is an extremely cool dude, he is a true laker and no better person could be in the Chief Pilot slot. Despite all their problems I'd drop this instructor gig in a heartbeat to fly for em. Lakers have an excellent reputation throughout the industry and our pilots get hired by the majors or a good deal of them go to Air Whiskey at least and then on from there. The airline I work for now as a ramper, their pilots spend more than several years waiting for the call up to the big show. Hell I,ve seen upgrade times upwards of two years... before 9/11. Nope lakes is the place I want to start...if they can hold out that long.

I'd be mad too if my wife ran off with the UPS delivery man. Don't forget about his FBOs that fill Voss's coffers as well. As I clearly stated, Jeff Davis did not come back, Steve Davis did. Sccf, how in the heck do you know Pommy? Most people don't even know who the current Chief Pilot is at Lakes as it changes so fast. I was 2 chief pilots behind before Pommy took over. Thank Allah that Shiithead Sherlock is gone.

Latest resources

Back