Lakers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

scf4468

I am an ex-Laker (ramper) from SLN. Spent 2 1/2 yrs hoping to get my shot at playing in the big show, which never did pan out before SLN went teets up. I havent talked to anyone in the company since last October. So whats goin on with the company? Any chance I might be able to live the dream soon?

I don't think its going to be anytime soon since there are 100 pilots on the street. There were 40+ people released during training as well. Last time I talked to the director of training, he said it would be awhile which is quite understandable. Go look at the stock and company history on the NASDAQ web page under the ticker "GLUX". Its all pretty grim. Load factors are terrible and the stock price is unbelievable.

Good Luck.

Who the heck is the director of training now? I heard the union got Davis his job back. I will no longer call the Teamsters worthless.

AWACoff said:
Who the heck is the director of training now? I heard the union got Davis his job back. I will no longer call the Teamsters worthless.

What?!!!! JD is back?
If that's true, than that company may have a chance yet. If anyone can pull them out of the toilet, JD can.

Ksus Aviation

Yo ksus aviator. I too am a Ksus av8turd. Did all my flt training there and instruct there now. When did you fly here and who you be flyin fo now?

When I said Davis, I meant Steve Davis. When Tosty and JD left, it truly was the end of Lakes. Maybe, juuuuuuust maybe, Pommy can pull it out of the tailspin. It has always taken a true Laker to run that place and Pommy is a pretty kickbutt Laker.
See Yoooooooo!
Steve

I graduated in December 99...I'm flying out of AAO right now doing some part time Baron work, but I'll be going back to Mesaba if they ever call me.

Woohoo we have Women's Basketball to cheer for.....Go Cats!

Eventhough I have hung out and drunk numerous brews with Voss on one occasion in downtown Cheyenne, I blame him for what's going on. He just keeps hanging on and not changing anything. There have been some opportunites for some big changes at Lakes but he passed on them. Like the $5 a share that was offered from Tennebaum a half year a go. I hope things turn out well, cuz I wouldn't mind going back there since I'm stuck in hole right now trying to find 121 work.

Latest resources

Back