Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

I fLy pLaNeS

Living an Honest Life
Can anyone tell me about this company? They use the call-sign "Skylab" flying Navajos I believe around the Eastern Midwest and Mid-Atlantic States.

Thanks!

They are based in Burlington, NC and fly mostly at night. Last I heard, pay started in the low 30k's. Could be more now.

I fly with one of their senior pilots (14 years in) who contracts for our guys periodically. Last time I fly with him he said ...

Flying five mights per week, but looking for ways to make it four (a floater, possibly)

Still flying the old Navahos, but looking at TBMs or Caravans (says Caravans will probably win out down the road due to aquisition cost)

Starting at $36K, if I remember correctly

Sold the C-500 cuz it had over 20K hours on it

Liked to see more than 1000 TT

Preferred that you not be a pu$$y about weather :D

A few of the guys there have been around for more than 10 years, so it must be a decent place to hang your hat long-term, if you like the Triad area. They ain't b2!!$hitting about the weather, though. Some of his stories in cruise about giant 'ice horns' forming on the wings, getting ice on the underside of the wings due to angle of attack required at full power to stay aloft, and the few times he actually thought he'd bought it, would be enough to give one pause if you weren't 100% comfortable about flying in weather. Especially this statement ... "No need to check the weather, you're going anyway. Besides, it's nice to get a surprise when you get up there. Sometimes it's a good surprise. Sometimes it's a bad surprise." He's a funny guy. :D

Last edited:
Lab Corp. @ BUY

I fLy pLaNeS said:
Can anyone tell me about this company? They use the call-sign "Skylab" flying Navajos I believe around the Eastern Midwest and Mid-Atlantic States.

Thanks!

Unless there is a definite opening,these people do not respond to resume's or telephone calls.

Latest resources

Back