• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Labor is being slowly killed

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Seinfeld,, Exactly what industry is that? The cargo airline business, airlines in general or what? Secondly, what relativity is there between what the profit is and you getting your raise. Flying is such a small part of UPS, what is that relativity?

Big Deal. It's not uncommon to be denied numerous times before being released. It just means that there is not an impass in the negotiations and the judge wants them to keep on talking. Quit being such a neagative moron there 737pylt a.k. Crybaby.

boomlrd said:
Uh OH! Where is FreightNazi ie. Rhoid?? I guess Custom Air Transport and Express.net will continue to handle UPS freight in DAY. I can't believe that FreightNazi has nothing to say about this!

This has nothing to do with your pathetic desire to continue to circumvent IPA scope. UPS will continue to pay absurd amounts of money in fines to the IPA pilots because of their willful violations of the scope language, and all of the flying will soon go to the UPS pilots where it belongs. This minor delay in self help isn't related to the Menlo situation at all.

UPS will not be released until after World goes through the whole process. The 'powers that be' want all the little guys to get finished before UPS gets their shot.

The IPA has tremendous bargaining power since the drivers will honor their strike(or strike threat). They will get a very good contract...

The higher ups want this to be the last contract settled(or second to last (FedEx)), so that the little guys have already been screwed and can't point to the UPS contract as an example.

What makes you think that UPS will end up getting a good contract? ALL the other majors are in the toilet, so why should UPS be getting a raise when all the others are taking concessions?

What makes you think that UPS will end up getting a good contract? ALL the other majors are in the toilet, so why should UPS be getting a raise when all the others are taking concessions?
I can think of about 1 billion reasons a quarter, Sherlock.

Purpledog said:
I can think of about 1 billion reasons a quarter, Sherlock.

This is the same line of thinking that got all the legacies in trouble. Just because you are making money hand over fist now does not guarantee you will at all in the future. How about taking a fair deal instead of taking too many feathers from the golden goose? Perhaps the union just cares about getting senior guys those massive raises then if times go bad. Oh well at least the senior fat cats got their $$ they will say. I think its important to learn mistakes of the past otherwise history does tend to repeat itself.

Last edited:
Newman55 said:
This is the same line of thinking that got all the legacies in trouble. Just because you are making money hand over fist now does not guarantee you will at all in the future. How about taking a fair deal instead of taking too many feathers from the golden goose? Perhaps the union just cares about getting senior guys those massive raises then if times go bad. Oh well at least the senior fat cats got their $$ they will say. I think its important to learn mistakes of the past otherwise history does tend to repeat itself.

Give me a break! No airline has ever made profits like UPS makes. In fact, very few companies in any industry make the kinds of profits that UPS does. No matter what contract the IPA eventually gets, the effect to UPS' bottom line will be barely noticable. Remember, UPS just purchased Overnight for $1 billion...in cash!!! Hardball anti-union tactics from a company with that kind of cash sitting around is just plain laughable.

First off the IPA is not ALPA and UPS is not Delta. We will get a profession leading contract. That profession is the pilot profession. UPS is not an airline but the flying we do is a huge portion of the UPS revenue stream.

FWIW our union president is a retired USMC general. He is not a career union politician trying to line his own pockets like some other union leaders like ALPA.

UPS pilots have been grossly underpaid through the years. I really don't think we are being greedy. We are demanding to be rewarded for what we contribute to the company. We at least demand to be treated the same way FedEx pays their pilots. There is a huge disparity between FedEx and UPSs pilot contracts. A UPS 5 year FO makes less than an active duty O-4 pilot n the USAF!!

Many of our senior pilots came over from Eastern and they are sensitive to the demise of the industry. The days of the pax carriers being the best jobs are done. Nothing is a guarantee but UPS/FedEx growth is tied to the growth in CHina and India. The world economy is changing and UPS is an integral part of it. In 1-15 years the trade imbalance with China will reverse and UPS planes will be full of goods heading to CHina. That double the revenue since our planes are empty going into China now.

Latest resources

Back