• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kudos to SWAPA!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well you have to understand all the metrics of the tabornomics scheduling matrix. If things get f'ed up, it is because the a-hole pilots wont answer their phones or work 25 hrs a day.

Reasonable is to give them a raise and mingle them into your seniority such that your upgrade is severely affected. You get more pain and they get a nice little check.

If aai aircraft are under utilized requiring hiring (and therfore upgrading) and swa seems to think that the combined swa/aai will provied growth (therfore hiring and upgrading) then does it not follow that your upgrade should be severly affected in a positive way.

How long would you expect to wait to upgrade now (ie no swa/aai merger)?

It doesn't work like that. We're not talking about pilot flying hours, we're talking about aircraft utilization.

If you've never worked on a Scheduling Committee or done pairing work, it would take two pages to explain how staffing models are generated around aircraft block hours.

Besides, I already fly 80-85 hours a month. I can't increase my flying 20% a month and neither can the rest of our pilots. On our busy months, even the reserves fly 70-80 hours. We're simply not staffed for the way Southwest operates, it's just that simple.

That just sucks brother. We bottom feeder reserve guys block about 50-68 avg and get paid 105-110 because we go over our guarantee. Plus still get 15 days off a month.

That's due to the approximately 25% "Crew Schedules Department Buffoonery factor" that SWA doesn't need to account for. This was demonstrated during last week's ice storm. Skeds had no idea where a significant number of crews were even though they were right where they were supposed to be according to their assigned schedule.

Most of us can't wait for the purge in Orlando to begin.

Trust me our sched knows where you are every minute of the day. The more I talk to the AT guys on the road and ask about MGT and sched they have some f'ed up stories. Our scheds are great, I think it is all about how you treat them in Dal. If you pop off, I think you go on a special list. Hell I got a 330 am wake up call from a sweet little texas voice saying " good morning honey time to go to work". I said "honey quit hogging the sheets". She said I wish I was but I am in Dal baby.LOL! Thats the fun we have.

Haven't had that much fun with schedulers since I was at a regional and knew them fairly well after sitting reserve for 3 years straight.

Have to admit, your reserve kicks butt, no doubt about it. :)

Haven't had that much fun with schedulers since I was at a regional and knew them fairly well after sitting reserve for 3 years straight.

Have to admit, your reserve kicks butt, no doubt about it. :)

Man brother thats how long it has been for me, 3 years. Maybe it is a 3 year mark thing.LOL. You go delirious and just say f it only thing I have left is to have fun.LOL

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back