• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kudos To Our Compadres @ Acey...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think thats 50 PAID days off..... Not including the weekends....

As usual, HJD is correctomundo. The paid leave is in addition to the normal non-duty off days.

Yep, 41 paid days off per calendar year and 1 free positive space round trip ticket back home upgradable to Biz Class if available. Plus, you get paid for the local holidays of which there are many. If you happen to be scheduled to work during a national holiday you get a comp day so it ends up near 50 or so.

I work 4 on and 4 off too but the shifts are 12 hours each. The workload is punitive and the way I look at it, the company gets a free 8 hrs a week since we are on salary and no overtime is paid. Yin and Yang.

That's the way it's done here. You are here to work and hopefully save some money. I am single with no kids so I can do that.

If you have a spouse and offspring, I don't think it would be a good move since it is hard for wives to get jobs and you will have to pay for the kids' schooling.

If that's the case. stay where you are. Also, many wives get bored here and can cause complications detrimental to your career and/or marital status. I have seen it happen.

Bottom line: not all bad and not all good. I AM getting valuable heavy international experience and that is cool, and the travel opportunities are great, but I don't see myself here much after 2 years as you are considered a "guest worker" and a long-term career is not as feasible as back in the States.

Walt, how was that for a thread hijack!

From a VPS native, you ASA guys rock!!!

Last edited:
I'll mess with it in the next few days if he hasnt done so already.

I have a 2-day mid line this week, but tonite is an AIRAC cycle database change, today is my monday and I still have to work thru 4 RAD annex changes (Croatia, and three other small countries in Euro-land) before we pull the trigger on the new worldwide database tonite;

I'll be busier than a one armed bandit on Social Security Check day

Edit: I created a page for ETD on WDFF, add what u want and I'll reformat it to WDFF standards (yeah right) within the week - but now its nap time for a 2000 start time this evening

Last edited:
PTG>>>> great write up on the action over in the sand.. We always heard about the way of life there, but never from first hand experience... thanks.. you shold add this to WDFF if you have not already done it..

PTG has blogged his experiences in "the sand box". Click on his link near his signature line. It's good reading....errrr entertainment! :cool:

PTG has blogged his experiences in "the sand box". Click on his link near his signature line. It's good reading....errrr entertainment! :cool:
RP is one entertaining sumbuck. He's also a helluva landlord. Now, if only I could convince him to sell me this place on the cheap. ;)

Last edited:
RP is one entertaining sumbuck. He's also a helluva landlord. Now, if only I could convince him to sell me this place on the cheap. ;)

It is against my very nature to consider myself a landlord considering the trouble I have had with the same in the past. They were always the enemy. I am ashamed, but I hope you are enjoying the place anyway.

That being said, due to the declining real estate market in our beloved town, I am probably down 5 figures on the property at present. But maybe we could still work a deal so you can continue to spy on the younguns in the park across the street, you sicko!

Also, you might need to redo the basement so it doesn't look so much as a 'Silence of the Lambs" set.

The dayglo paint and wall shackles are a bit much.

Get rid of the pit, lotion and basket and the value may stabilize.

Just a suggestion!

I look forward to seeing you this Summer.

I will contribute to WDFF

Latest resources

Back