• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Krkd

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That ain't no-s**t about the braking action deal. I went in there in January, and when I asked for an updated braking action report. It came back as "very" poor (you mean nil don't ya'?). Well, it was a crystal clear night with no-wind. F/O made a good 121 landing (on-speed, in the touchdown zone and on centerline...) As he was rounding out we both remarked how "shiny" the runway looked. Thats because it was a sheet of ice, and after gingerly bringing the aircraft to taxi speed we took our sweet time taxiing, SE-turn and a rolling take-off to AUG for the night.

My favorite RKD quotes...

After a missed approach.... "You'd better try that again, its getting worse"

Another missed approach... "I saw your lights, why didn't you land?"

I believe he's the same guy as the station manager in this link. For those of you in flying up there read this and take heed.

http://libraryonline.erau.edu/online-full-text/ntsb/aircraft accident-reports/AAR80-05.pdf

I grew up in the area and soloed at KRKD. My father is involved in local politics and is active on the citizen's advisory council for the airport. Cape Air was selected to replace Colgan because Colgan only wanted to operate Saab's and if you go over 19 seats it means you have to have a manned fire station on the field during operations. Because they didn't spend the money on the fire station they are starting the process to build a permanant terminal. Design proposals are out and you should see construction start within a year.

Fly safe

Greenlight

Wasn't that airport made to study fog? I remember hearing that. I feel like I worked at colgan yesterday. I think I almost over shot Bangor with the MD80 because my timing was all off after flying BOS-RKD and AUG in the 1900 at 1900 speeds. Those were nice "long" flights.

The bearded guy was always nice to me. Always enjoyed the chance to shoot an approach too....never went missed.

Latest resources

Back