Korean Air Contract Pilot???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Yknot

I'm wondering if anyone has any firsthand knowledge of what the Korean Air screening procees entails? If you were successful, are you based in the US? Did you have a choice of bases? What are the working conditions/rules like?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
YKnot

They have not hired from what I have heard in over a year. The process is a bit drawn out as all Far East carriers think they are gods gift to aviation. I know the pay is above average but the few guys that I know that went there said it kinda sucked. Not sure about what though. I have flown them several times and know for a fact Korea is not a place I want to be if I do not have to be there.

From some of my experience and the rest from friends:

-Medical screening is so difficult and arduous, you need to be lance Armstrong to pass it, oops, nevermind the cancer would DQ him!!!

-Contract job, make sure you find the best contract company

-Yes, you can get based at any city they fly to ICN out of.

-You go to work for one continuous work block, about 18 days.

-The pilots don't care for expats.

-The plane is flown BY THE BOOK, no variations, no configuration exemptions, it is VERY ANAL!!!!

-Check out pprune.com for more info.

Yogi

They are still interviewing and hiring (at least at the FO level). Several furloughed Alaska pilots were recently hired for contract FO positions.

They have not hired from what I have heard in over a year. The process is a bit drawn out as all Far East carriers think they are gods gift to aviation. I know the pay is above average but the few guys that I know that went there said it kinda sucked. Not sure about what though. I have flown them several times and know for a fact Korea is not a place I want to be if I do not have to be there.

I LOVE THE AVATAR!!!!! Hook a Brada up!

CYA

Latest resources

Back