• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

KLRD - Shutting down the only ILS runway WTF

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know about all of you down there, but up in the north'n area of country, most of us here at XJ had the NDB plates pulled from our Jepps due to the FAA decomissioning a boat-load of NDB's... So good luck with your situation down there....

Workin'Stiff said:
I don't know about all of you down there, but up in the north'n area of country, most of us here at XJ had the NDB plates pulled from our Jepps due to the FAA decomissioning a boat-load of NDB's... So good luck with your situation down there....

Whats a NDB approach? LOL

dude

talking about SAT freight days, does a girl named Manni or Marvi or something still work at United Beechcraft (near UPS ramp)

this is 1994 ish when she did

Wankel7 said:
It just irritates the hell out of me because I know this is gonna screw pilots that just want to get the day done....but they can't. And yeah it is screw up a lot of operations into the airport.

LRD is a weird airport since the only viable alternatives are SAT which is 130mn or CRP which is 105 miles away.

Not to mention last night when the AWOS took a dump...I guess a couple IFL Convairs got stuck in SAT...I am sure it was the perfect end to their day...since they can't manage to land without an approach...

Wasted...come down to S. Texas....I will take you across teh border...I hear they need a new apprentice for the donkey...

Wan

Wanker, you got a hot date waiting for you in Laredo? Really dude, who cares that the ILS is out? If I get cancelled because the stupid ILS is out, do you really think I am going to get upset? No. It means free pay for work not done. Dude, life is too short. Save the WTF's for better things. Some day, with a little luck, maybe even you can get the he!! out of Laredo.

Maybe for what ever company you work for it means a free pay and day off.

But for me it means a pita day and lost pay if the weather drops down.

Different strokes

Wankel

Latest resources

Back