Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can't find the online app online.

God that sounds weird.

How realistic is it for an american pilot to be employed at KLM? My AME does medicals for 3 guys in my area that fly for KLM but I haven't been able to meet them yet. I know they are US citizens and do not speak dutch. I understand JARs and what it takes to convert a license.... I will wait to get my FAA ATP and a good bit of turbine PIC time under my belt before I try to get my ATPL. And I know the JAA & EU aren't really that fond of hiring outside of Europe... I still want to try though because my two goals were to fly tactical jets or fly in Europe, and since the military isn't for me.... is this a realistic idea or just fantasyland?

texarkana said:
How realistic is it for an american pilot to be employed at KLM? My AME does medicals for 3 guys in my area that fly for KLM but I haven't been able to meet them yet. I know they are US citizens and do not speak dutch. I understand JARs and what it takes to convert a license.... I will wait to get my FAA ATP and a good bit of turbine PIC time under my belt before I try to get my ATPL. And I know the JAA & EU aren't really that fond of hiring outside of Europe... I still want to try though because my two goals were to fly tactical jets or fly in Europe, and since the military isn't for me.... is this a realistic idea or just fantasyland?

Well, you could always get hired by Atlas on the 747 and fly out of its Stansted (UK) base... Good luck.

texarkana said:

Hey brother -

Read my anwers. And by the way, you already know the answer!
texarkana said:
3 guys in my area that fly for KLM but I haven't been able to meet them yet. I know they are US citizens and do not speak dutch.

texarkana said:
And I know the JAA & EU aren't really that fond of hiring outside of Europe

I can't say this enough. Europe is NOT one country. Yes, the French and Germans don't like americans a lot. But you are more then welcome in the Netherlands, UK and most other western European countries.

g'luck to you sir!
FD

Great videos with a great soundtrack....got to love the European's passion for house music! Beats the crap we listen to here!

FC -

Nope flying corporate.
Got several friends working over there.

All the best,
FD.

DOJ -

bored in Housten already?

Latest resources

Back