• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Freightdog75

Don't hassle the Hoff
Kitty Hawk,

Just wondering whats going on around there these days. Do you know if you need to have your FE to get in w/them? Any info from ya'll would be appreciated.

FD75:cool:

Freightdog75,

I was the lowest seniority guy in their very last class. I am still technically on furlough, but haven't really heard anything to make me think I will get called back soon. I did have to have my FE written passed.

Welcome to ALPA

CONGRATULATIONS to Kitty Hawk pilots who voted to join ALPA!

Welcome to the brotherhood. :) :) :) :) :)

:D :D :D :D :D

Flight Followers

I don't know if KHA is hiring anyone for the "glass house" positions or not, but I kind of doubt it.

They are Part 121 Supplemental, and as such use Flight Followers. When I worked for them, quite a few of our Flight Followers had Dispatcher Certificates, but it wasn't required.

Jumpseating on Kitty Hawk.
Yes, Kitty Hawk offers jumpseats to offliners....both 121 + 135.
The seat is utside the cockpit & is the bench seat for the FA's when the 727's still carried people. KH operates 5 nights a week with 20 or so airraft & their system runs on time + their Fort Wayne hub is only a few years old.
I jump seated on them a few times and found it very easy...the crews were easy going.
You do need to call ahead to list yourself, 1-800-468-3257 then option 4.....you will need to fax them a copy of your license + medical. They fly through most major cities each night....late departures.

Wow, thanks for that info! I had a friend jumpseat with you guys and was very impressed by Kitty Hawk.

Wankel

classof75 said:
Jumpseating on Kitty Hawk.
Yes, Kitty Hawk offers jumpseats to offliners....both 121 + 135.
The seat is utside the cockpit & is the bench seat for the FA's when the 727's still carried people. KH operates 5 nights a week with 20 or so airraft & their system runs on time + their Fort Wayne hub is only a few years old.
I jump seated on them a few times and found it very easy...the crews were easy going.
You do need to call ahead to list yourself, 1-800-468-3257 then option 4.....you will need to fax them a copy of your license + medical. They fly through most major cities each night....late departures.

Latest resources

Back