• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kit Darby up to it again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's funny how Captain pilot shortage does not mention the tens of thousands of furloughed pilots on the street right now. I dont think this idiot will stop until a "I'll work for free so I can build my time" candidate takes his job.

Quote:
If one's goal is to fly heavy metal across a pond, have 18 days off/month, make $200000/yr be realistic

satpak77 said:
I think those days are over guys

You are right. I fit the above description except I make OVER $200,000 a year!

FreightNazi said:
Quote:
If one's goal is to fly heavy metal across a pond, have 18 days off/month, make $200000/yr be realistic

hey man, great, however my post is targeted for the guy working on his IFR ticket who is dreaming of

For those guys, those days are over (or so few and far between statistically with 1000's of applicants, many ex AA, UAL, DAL, USAir, (who else is left?) the chances of getting it are remote

Kit Darby sells snake oil and that's it. He preaches rhetoric that suits his own needs and lines his own pocket. He capitalizes on the dreams of pilots and paints a rosey picture. About a year ago at one of his warm/fuzzy job fairs, he actually had one of his buddy, an AA captain speak about the industry, how nice the future remains!!! What a crock!

Any changes to operations at Delta Connection Academy now that Delta is in Chapter 11?

If Delta goes, so goes DCA (and students' deposits/hopes/dreams)?

Flyingtoohigh said:
Any changes to operations at Delta Connection Academy now that Delta is in Chapter 11?

If Delta goes, so goes DCA (and students' deposits/hopes/dreams)?

I don't think the DCA will go anywhere but you will probably be a flight instructor for quite sometime now if those freaky furlough numbers are true.

FreightNazi said:
Quote:

Yea, sure you do. You're just the same annoying gnat that has had numerous alter-egos banned on this forum. I don't think you are fooling anyone, but if you think you are...and you continue to get hard-ons from it, then by all means....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
The publications are generally ok, too. Lots of info in one place.

My complaint is with his constant blue-skies harping about retirements and projected shortages. If there is anything this industry has NOT seen in the last three decades, its a pilot shortage. Ever. There was one for a short time in the 1960s, never to be repeated.

Yeah, the Vietnam guys are hitting retirement. Yeah, UAL, DAL, AMR, CAL, ATA, NWA, have all shrunk significantly in size. Lot's of more marginal carriers have dissapeared completely.

Latest resources

Back