Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

105viking

john shaft
the company i work for is considering the purchase of a used king air. could any of you with experience please give me the ups and downs on the e-90 v. b-100 v. 200 models, circa 1980. i have performance data and basic numbers, but i would like to hear the opinions of some pilots who have flown these aircraft.

additionally, have any of you ever bought an aircraft from barta-iso aviation? not yet planning on buying from them, but they do seem to have a large selection. any recommendations on brokers is welcome also.

WEll.,

E90, not a bad plane, better I think than the other 90's, but really kinda weak. B100 Yuck, I personally hate Garett engines, to damm loud among other things. B200, Good airplane. I always loved flying the 200. I would say if you can afford it go with the 200, I think you will be much more satisfied. But this is just my humble opinion. I am not going to spit out numbers cause I am sure you have already researched it. So in just a few words, that is what I think. 200 anyday over the rest. I'll broker your sale if you want. PM me. My company does aircraft sales also. Good luck.

SD

It all depends on what the company "needs" with regards to number of seats, range, etc, etc, ...

Our B100 is a solid aircraft and is a pretty good performer. The downside is that it is very loud due to the Garetts but they are good and reliable engines. E90 is an ok aircraft but I would suggest going with a 200 if you can. I second the above and think you will be much more satisfied with that choice.

We just aquired a new C90B and although nice it still flies like a truck.

If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me and I will try to address them to the best of my knowledge.

3 5 0

flown a B100 for 3 years and it's a very good airplane. yes, it's loud, however, it's economical, fast enough (255 kts), and roomy (same as the 200). It has a high TBO and was a great airplane for us, but it can be a little quirky sometimes with those garrett engines...they are touchy sometimes. good luck in your search.

Latest resources

Back