• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

King Air Fuel Gauge Markings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have over 1500 hours PIC in the 350 (not that it means anything) and I never used the markings.

I used fuel flow, FMS fuel calculations and the ole Casio watch... "we have been flying this long, so we need gas"

what fuel flow were those triangles calculated at?

who knows!

...wait until you get in a 350ER, it all means nothing when you can do 12 hour (yes i said 12 FLIPPIN hour) legs :puke:

...wait until you get in a 350ER, it all means nothing when you can do 12 hour (yes i said 12 FLIPPIN hour) legs :puke:

dude you are killing me. 5 hours is enough in that seat. My right elbow has King Air armrest stamped into it. My left fingers and only hang onto the side window handle so many hours more

12 hours? kill me now

(12 hours in a BBJ would suck, a King Air???)

I was told the triangles were to give reference to where the fuel gauges were when looking at them both.

For instance you have a two triangles plus a tick mark on one side and then you look over to make sure you have the triangle plus a tick mark. This way you don't have to count tick marks.

Take it for what its worth. Probably nothing.

I was told the triangles were to give reference to where the fuel gauges were when looking at them both.

For instance you have a two triangles plus a tick mark on one side and then you look over to make sure you have the triangle plus a tick mark. This way you don't have to count tick marks.

Take it for what its worth. Probably nothing.

well...im sure theres nothing wrong with using them that way either, but according to the gurus at Raytheon the triangles represent approximately one hour of fuel at cruise altitude and power. when pressed further for more info, they are not willing to give anymore than that because they are afraid some yahoo will go out, depend upon the triangles and land significantly short...resulting in a lawsuit for Beech.

dude you are killing me. 5 hours is enough in that seat. My right elbow has King Air armrest stamped into it. My left fingers and only hang onto the side window handle so many hours more

12 hours? kill me now

(12 hours in a BBJ would suck, a King Air???)

man...i understand, thrust me. and to be clear, 12 hours is loiter time, not honest flight from one point to another...that time is only about 8 hours ;)

Latest resources

Back