• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

StaticWick

full-time wannabe
I landed a King Air F90 part 91. So long Part 135!!!:beer:

I've flown the 350, 200's, A100 and 90's, but never the F90.

Any F90 drivers (current or history) out there who can give me comparisons?

(Example...)How does the -135's burn fuel in the first and consequtive hours?

The airplane does this _____ when this happens.
(Like the A100: when you pull the throttle back = fly's like a rock.)

Thanks,
SW

Last edited:
It's been along time ago, but I really enjoyed the F90. I can't remember specifics. It had lots of power, but not enough wing. Seems like you mainly flew around in the Low 20's (much like the C90), you just got there quicker!

Out of all the KA's I flew I enjoyed it the most. Congrats and enjoy!

[FONT=&quot]These are real good comments/opinions of the airplane people thank you much! I am drooling with anticipation!!!

Thanks OLD DOG...just looking at the design of the airplane. I think you'd be dead-on with that advise and I bet the airplane wants to pull left on take-off more than the other King Airs too.

Another airplane they modified the original design and made smaller and I got 50 hrs of sheer terror in was the Merlin IIIb. The Metro version sawed in half and they called it a “corporate airplane”. Great on the engineer table bad in practice. But King Air’s and Merlin’s are two different animals so I am grateful for the experience in the Merlin but looking forward to flying the F90. I think today’s engineers have earned from the past and when they shrink one up they do it through all points of the original design for example the Legacy VLJ and the Challenger 300 both look like smaller version of ERJ and Global Express. It’s like they took the drawings and shrunk them 50% of the original then re-scaled.

Keep the comments coming as I am still reading them. I've got a trip in the airplane next week and I am looking forward to it![/FONT]

Did a few trips in the F90... its a little hot rod between 8-16,000 after FL180 its a dog.... just remember its not a 200... I tried to get her up to FL260 going to houston... and she just pooterd out on me... great plane though.. keep her low.

StaticWick said:
[FONT=&quot] The Metro version sawed in half and they called it a “corporate airplane”. [/FONT]

Not to go O/T but wasn't it the other way around, that is the Metro is a stretched Merlin? The Swearingen Merlin is 60s design, the original one looked quite different than later versions. And I believe the Metro came afterwards. Not that it takes away from your point re flying qualities...

crash-proof said:
Not to go O/T but wasn't it the other way around, that is the Metro is a stretched Merlin? The Swearingen Merlin is 60s design, the original one looked quite different than later versions. And I believe the Metro came afterwards. Not that it takes away from your point re flying qualities...

That is probably true...always learning something. When I heard that, it was many years ago since the King Airs. (I don't remember if tied my shoes this AM) I do know talking to Metroliner folks that even though the Metro is longer, "it doesn't mean it flies any better!" :)

Latest resources

Back