Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cargoflyr69

V-Dub for Life
I have been approached by a part 91 operator of a King Air 200 and 350 to fly as a part time pilot.

It sounds like they will only need me about 5-8 days a month (a couple long weekends) to serve as a right-seater. I am typed and have King Air experience from another life, but not current. They have offered to pay for a recurrent class. There may be occasion for me to fly PIC on a few of the days.

My question: I am in the MSP area. What is the going day rate for King Air contract guys in the Upper Midwest these days? All my data is about 5-10 years old. I'm assuming most guys still charge a day rate plus all expenses, right? Thanks in advance!

What is the going day rate for King Air contract guys in the Upper Midwest these days?

As much as you can possibly get out of them, not to sound to much like a smart*ss...

I use to fly a C441 in 99-01 as a contract guy. I was single pilot, but I got $300/day plus $40.00 per diem if I spent the night somewhere.

Best of luck.

I agree with Wolfpack. If you can get 200-300 per day plus expenses/per diem i think you're golden. You should also try to negotiate for a higher rate when you act as PIC.

$400/day as second pilot.
$500+ for PIC. Thats the going rate where we operate from, Gulf Coast, South LA.
I second those rates although the going rate for south LA is more like $400-$450. I asked for $500 and didn't get called. That's for any King Air BTW and if you're typed in the 350 stick with $500/day plus expenses... you're not asking for anything outragous.

...400-450 as SIC??? dam, you guys got it good...2-300 is more the norm for that ;)

If you have the type you should demand the higher rate regardless of which seat you actually sit in. The $200-$300 rates are for guys who are still paying their dues.

Latest resources

Back