• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

King Air C90GT ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Raytheon never bought the blackhawk stc. They just did their own which isn't too hard for the manufacturer. Blackhawk is still selling the conversions.

Diesel said:
750shp flat rated to 550 -35 engines. . I'm currently flying one that Beechcraft decided to do on the production line.

Wow, Beech finally did something good to the C90. TWENTY years after Frakes did it!

I loved that Frakes C90 I flew, and I'd be willing to bet it's still a better mod than what Raytheon is doing.

Where is Beech putting the extra fuel?

There is no extra fuel.

Beech says it will have the same range b/c of the increase in speed and more efficient engines.

ummmm that's not going to happen.

The 750's pull more fuel. It's a matter of fact whether it be -35 or Walters. Higher horsepower means more fuel.

Diesel,

That's what I though, more power = more fuel. However I read somewhere that there is the same amount of fuel and range. I just have to find it (wheather its reputable or not, I can't recall).

I have a packet from Beechcraft on the C90GT at home, when I return from visiting the family I'll do some digging.

Same thing on the Inverters.

340drvr said:
Aha, OK. Anybody know offhand if that system will be all DC, thereby eliminating the need for inverters, like the 200?

No changes to the 90 except the -135 engines. Blackhawk will still be selling conversions as Raytheon will not be doing any engine conversions on older C90's (talked to a Raytheon rep at NBAA). Also, as far as fuel, the -135 are flat rated to 550shp so you only get better performance at altitude. Can someone else confirm this?

Right you still make 550 at altitude but down low you're sucking fuel.

Whatever the engine is replacing the -20,-21 or if you're buying one off the line is going to use more fuel.

While you have the same amount of fuel in the plane. Flying lower is using more fuel and altitude you're use just a touch more fuel. Of course you're going faster but you've got to go higher to make sure you're somewhat on the same fuel flow. Going higher means more winds that could negate the increase in speed.

We found that while we saved an hour on our trip that we've done for 13 years our fuel was much tighter. We had to fly fuel flows rather than power doing the leg.

But don't worry a long range fuel tank for cheap money and short downtime is on the way. Hopefully in the next month or two it will be STC'd.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back