King Air 350 off runway at KCRG

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlightTraker

Woke up this morning to find rwy 32 closed At Craig Field in Jacksonville. As I write this at 5pm, a King Air 350 still sits a few hundred yards out of our office window. I took some real good photos with the camera in our survey aircraft of it this morning. I show he went about 550 ft off the threshold before stopping. Took out the localizer antenna also.

FlightTraker

I will try to get the pics tomorrow. They are stored on a disk drive, that plugs into a computer at our office.

FlightTraker

was workin the line at CRG when it happened and was one of the first ones on the scene. I drove the pax to the FBO lobby. They were very shaken up. I took the pilots from the lobby back to the plane so they could 'splain to the Feds what happened. They didnt have much to say. It was very foggy when they "landed". A Caravan had landed about 30 minutes prior and told tower he was at minimums but after the sun rose a little bit more, the fog got more intense. All I can say is it sucks to be those pilots right now.

Yeah, this really sucks. The Feds just got the glideslope fixed yesterday and WHAM!, this guy takes out the localizer. Gonna suck getting home tonight!!!!

FlightTraker said:
I show he went about 550 ft off the threshold before stopping.
FlightTraker
"Show" us how gay you are.

What is with pilots these days? Just the oposite happened at my field the other day. Our runway 32 has taxiway delta about 700ft from the threshold on the left. Pilots hate when we are 32 because if they park just off at delta they want to make it so they come in low and slow. Well, my least favorite pilot at the field comes in and takes out 3 of the runwaylights, the green ones right as you cross the threshold, part of the ILS lights....anyways, CitationX see's him do it so we send airport authority to go clean up, well, they don't get all of it up until the next day. They are out there the next day and we get socked in, RVR1000 VV001 1/4sm etc......CAll approach and say 32 is closed, circiling wont work so basically we can only launch. Well, im sure that King air and Gulfstream really liked holding for 45 minutes because some ass hole had to make taxiway delta. I hate that guy, he is an idiot.....

Latest resources

Back