• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

King Air 200

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A couple of years ago it was 4000TT, 1500 multi, 500 turbine PLUS sim training and 25 hours IOE.
:eek: You win!

Minh
(I need to remember that things could always be worse. :D)

HMR said:
A few years ago, I was insured single pilot, Pt135 with ~1300TT, 500multi (piston) and zero King Air time. I flew a brand-new BE20.

You're more than qualified.

Was this prior to 9/11? What Liability was carried? What underwriter? The 2 different underwriters we have had since 9/11 are very reluctant to let us do single-pilot 135 (and 91 also up to about 2 yrs ago). Our "open pilot" clause for PIC has 3500 TTL, 2000 ME, 500 Turbine, and 100 in type and school every 12 mo. Of course named pilots can get on with much less. Open co-pilot minimums are stated as well (1500/500/25). I'm tired of the crap they are still giving us on the single-pilot thing (as well as the preminums). I'm just assuming we have more liability than most. $50 mil. liability (lowered from $100 mil after 9/11), $2 mil on hull (slightly underinsured), comprehensive coverage. After 6 years with same employer/aircraft, no accidents/incidents or claims (1 lightening strike just prior to my employ on the aircraft), 5400 ttl, 2300 ME, 1700 turbine, 1500 in the BE-B200, and FSI Level D every year you would think they would lighten up. Company policy has always been to have 2 pilots, but sometimes it is not practical with vacations/sick (never have taken sick time) and short notice schedules. Our renewal is coming up at the end of the year and I want to meet some more underwriters at NBAA. Who should we be looking at? Need to light the fire under some butts. What liability should we carry?

cvsfly- It was post-9/11. The company had about 12 aircraft and 20 pilots. Sorry, I don't know the liability limits nor do I remember the insurance company as I never had to deal with any of that directly. We rarely flew with two pilots in the King Airs. This seemed to be unusual as evey other pax carrying KA I used to see had a two-pilot crew. FWIW- I was also insured as a PT135 Astra captain with ~2000TT.

Good luck. I know the insurance requirements can be a hassle.

anybody seen that company that is putting winglets on the 200? I'm interested to see what they offer.

I'm currently flying a b-90 with long range fuel tanks. 6hrs + in the air is a long time but not stopping is real nice.

When I was flying a BE20, the lowest time pilot we employed had about 5,500 hours, most of which was turbine multi. I'm sure that folks can be insured with a lot less, of course, but the medical personnel were really the ones that insisted on more experienced pilots.

I did a lot of the work on the airplane as well as flying, and having pilots who weren't as prone to abuse of the airplane was nice.

I have heard that putting the winglets on the 200 will keep Raytheon from supporting the aircraft. I haven;t seen one in person yet but it does look pretty good.

HMR said:
cvsfly- It was post-9/11. The company had about 12 aircraft and 20 pilots. Sorry, I don't know the liability limits nor do I remember the insurance company as I never had to deal with any of that directly. We rarely flew with two pilots in the King Airs. This seemed to be unusual as evey other pax carrying KA I used to see had a two-pilot crew. FWIW- I was also insured as a PT135 Astra captain with ~2000TT.

Good luck. I know the insurance requirements can be a hassle.

Thanks. Yeah we are a one ship deal, operating since 1997 with a 1996 model with 70% flying on 135. The underwriter has "graciously", not without complaining, to allow single-pilot while we make some adjustments. They are fine with a warm body contracted in the right seat, but puts us in a gray area with the FAA if we don't have the time or money to have them on the 135. Anyone with specific details of insurance companies and liability limits? BTW our premimum is $43k.

Latest resources

Back