King Air 200

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

aerodriver69

What flight hours and experience is the average aviation insurance company looking for to be insurable in a King Air 200 flying part 91?

Thank you for your input.

I'm hardly an expert but I know some people who do that sort of thing. They look for about 2000 tt I believe. not sure on any other experience required.

Are you going to be operating single pilot? How much turbine time do you have?

I have 1000 hours of multi, 100 hours of that being turbine in a King Air 90.
I would mostly be flying single pilot part 91, and occasionally a local CFI in the right seat.

Thanks for the replys.
aerodriver69

Sounds like you are qualifed to me. I would assume that if your prospective employer sends you to school (or anyone for that matter) that a you would not have a problem. Given your previous King Air expirence you be insurable no matter what.

FYI, anyone can get insurance at a reasonable rates with persistance.

Good luck.

You probably have enough time if you went to a approved sim course for the be200 I'm sure there wouldn't be an issue with insurance

Where I'm at it's 2000 multi, 250 in type, and a sim course. I kid you not. :(

Minh
(Right seat for life.)

I was covered with 1300TT and 500 ME, about 350 turbine. With passengers on board, I had to have at least a Comm. M.E. rated pilot in the right seat, but for maintenance flights I could solo it.

Snakum said:
Where I'm at it's 2000 multi, 250 in type, and a sim course. I kid you not.

Gee, things are improving. A couple of years ago it was 4000TT, 1500 multi, 500 turbine PLUS sim training and 25 hours IOE. Insurance is negotiable, though: two-out-of-three will often work, and one-out-of-three will sometimes work. In my case, I didn't have the turbine time, but they insured me because I had the TT and was close on the ME.

A few years ago, I was insured single pilot, Pt135 with ~1300TT, 500multi (piston) and zero King Air time. I flew a brand-new BE20.

You're more than qualified.

Latest resources

Back