King Air 200 Training Facility Recommendation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Whoop Whoop

Hello. I'm a former regional pilot who is now employed by an aircraft management company as a Beechcraft Premier Captain.

My boss wants to send me to any Flightsafety facility of my choice for training (as a relief/reserve King Air 200 pilot, on days I don't have Premier trips).

Any recommendations and/or pros/cons of the various facilities?

Thank you in advance!

Whoop Whoop

I went to FlightSafety ATL for my BE-200 initial. Very nice facility and for the most part the instructors were awesome to work with. They have a BE-200 Level D sim there (as opposed to a Level C sim), which is pretty nice.

I did my initial and recurrent at ICT. Very good instructors there. I only had one bad taste with an examiner there for my last recurrent a few years ago. He tried to get me on memory items. What made me mad was he asked my partner why I just killed everyone. His response was he did not kill anyone. Then I proceeded to tell him that memory item had changed. He (the examiner) got a stupid look on his face and said I did not realize that.

Other than that I had nothing but good experiences there.

I went to FS in ATL last July and it was great, the instructors were good and the pace was just right for learning. Have your boss enter a full service contract, that way you get to go every six months.

I currently fly an older model -200 (PT6A-41 engines, analog cockpit, etc.) and I'm curious what training requirements are there for me to be able to fly a modern -200? Would it be an insurance determination or FAA? A couple of my fellow Navy buds have put a BE20 type rating on their ticket (I haven't yet) and there seems to be no distinction between variations within the -200 family.

Thanks, Dice

I currently fly an older model -200 (PT6A-41 engines, analog cockpit, etc.) and I'm curious what training requirements are there for me to be able to fly a modern -200? Would it be an insurance determination or FAA? A couple of my fellow Navy buds have put a BE20 type rating on their ticket (I haven't yet) and there seems to be no distinction between variations within the -200 family.

Thanks, Dice

Nothing. Everything will be in the same place, maybe newer engines and fms, but it's the same airplane.

Go to ICT, talk to DOT Dan Orlando and tell him your'e a Steeler fan. You'll be treated like a king. PM me I can can give you more info.

I would call up Simuflite, FSI, and Simcom, and work the prices between the three facilites. Go with the one that gives you the best deal. The training is pretty much the same, with minor differences at each one. I personally like the Simuflite checklist the best.

I would call up Simuflite, FSI, and Simcom, and work the prices between the three facilites. Go with the one that gives you the best deal. The training is pretty much the same, with minor differences at each one. I personally like the Simuflite checklist the best.

I beg to differ. I had a Simcom instructor present BE-20 W&B like this.
"If you can fit it inside the airplane and close the door, you're good to go"
That's an exact quote and that was our entire W&B and performance training.

You get what you pay for. If the boss will send you to FSI, then go!!!

ColKurtz

I beg to differ. I had a Simcom instructor present BE-20 W&B like this.
"If you can fit it inside the airplane and close the door, you're good to go"
That's an exact quote and that was our entire W&B and performance training.

You get what you pay for. If the boss will send you to FSI, then go!!!

ColKurtz

I was always taught that if the entrance door dosen't touch the ground when your loaded up then your not overweight. If it does touch then you may have to leave someone or something behind. Just kidding of course.

Latest resources

Back