Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

King Air 200 Training Facility Recommendation?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've been going to Simuflite at DFW for Kingair 200 initial and re-current for the past 4 years and they always do an excellent job. Their facilities are first class and the instructors are all very experienced. I have used both FlightSafety and Simuflite and I have to say that both are very good. If it comes down to price I believe Simuflite may be a little less expensive and the area is great. Lot's of stuff to do and see, especially if you're a sports fan.
Good luck.

I'm based in south Fla. so always went to Lakeland. It's an older facility but as with any FSI location, great staff, great training, etc. So if you live anywhere cold, I'd suggest LAL for the break in the weather. P.S. The Holiday Inn is located right next door to Hooters.

Attended FSI ATL initial and recurrent. Good job. Any info on 350 initial in Wichita? They say 17 day initial for the Pro Line 21. Do you actually have to spend that much time if coming off the 200 with EFIS 84??

Yes in my opinion the 350 type is one of the hardest types you will get
even though its pro line 21 it is a tough ride
the ride isnt the hard part its the training
I am assuming that you are getting the single pilot type
I think the school use to be 14 days long but people were needing more time for the pro line stuff
the pro line is great, its just remembering how to find all the stuff
good luck
MT

Im at Simuflite dallas right now and the training is great. They cater to pretty much anything u need. (Schedule, tutoring etc.) Price is better than Flightsafety and training is better from what i have heard from people that have been to both. Very professional and classy.

I just came back from Lost at the Beech. There B-200 Level C sim is older with a KLN-90B. I had a bad experience and I am not a happy camper. All the required stuff worked. What bit me was pulling back for TO I tend to horse an airplane till I get used to it. So you pull and up you go right past the darn command bars at 9 degrees up. I tended to porpose to my assigned pitch. I was not pretty or fun. The instructor I had was an old DE from Alaska and braged about all the unsafe crap he had to and did up there. Worse yet a constant "naterer." I was not impressed. He expected perfect performance all the time even though I was NOT FAMILIER with turbines or how the B-200 runs. The initial felt more like a recurrent. Think of it this way, go to Kansas and you won't have the roar of the traffic to keep you up all the time. Even on the 12th floor the noise was horendice.

Latest resources

Back