Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

King Air 200 Training Facility Recommendation?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Whoop Whoop

Hello. I'm a former regional pilot now flying for an aircraft management company as a Beechcraft Premier Captain.

My boss wants to send me to any Flightsafety facility of my choice for King Air 200 training (as a relief/reserve pilot, if I'm not on a Premier trip).

Any recommendations and/or pros/cons from those of you who've trained at the various Flightsafety facilities?

In advance, I appreciate your input!

Whoop Whoop

Long Beach did a good job, and, IMHO, way nicer place to spend time than Wichita. But, at least when I was there this fall, Long Beach FSI's 200 sim is all steam gauges with a KLN90B. If you'll be in newer one with EFIS/FMS, etc., it's probably worthwhile to go to another center. (Especially true if you're lucky enough to be in a new 200 with the ProLine 21.)

Simuflite Dallas is top of the line. Goin there in March for recurrent. If u can get away from flightsafety try them out. I dont know where ur located but the FlightSafety Atlanta facility is nice as well and they do a great job.

I agree with the above post. Simuflite DFW is nice. Sim has both EFIS and electromechanical instruments, you just specify which you need. Initial is $7000 for eight days, less if you're 91.

Its gotta be more than $7000 now. We just got quoted $6800 for 4 day recurrent. Its getting ridiculous! Im doing the upgrade program and getting my ATP while im there and its $7600 for 6 days.

Its gotta be more than $7000 now. We just got quoted $6800 for 4 day recurrent. Its getting ridiculous! Im doing the upgrade program and getting my ATP while im there and its $7600 for 6 days.

Recurrent on the 350 in FlightSafety's Proline 21 sim in ICT (the ONLY Proline 350 sim), is running about $11,800 this year, and I'm told next year's will be around $12,500. Bend over and take it like a man...

If you're in an oldschool 200, go to LB and see if you can work with Sam. Good guy.

Sam is a good guy, but so is everyone in the KA program at Long Beach. I really enjoy going there.

BUT: as of August the sim was steam gauges and KLN90B. I hear Wichita has an EFIS sim.

flight saftey ICT all the way
good instructors and great sims
but they are very expensive

Latest resources

Back