• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

King Air 200 SIC - Pt 91

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
if you are going to simcom, just take your airplane with you. i have done this twice and simcom has been happy to provide qualified cfi's.

You can log all the time of "sole manipulator" PIC per part 61.

However, if your goal is the airlines, they will not recognize this time. Just about every major and national airline app I have filled out specifies that they want PIC flight time as specified in Part 1. You must have final authority and ultimately responsible for the aircraft to log Part 1 PIC time.

Good luck to you.

msw said:
You don't even need a high alt endorsement to do this, though you should get one.

Not to be a nit picket, but to act and log PIC time in an aircraft with a certificated service ceiling above FL250 you must have a high altitude endorsement.

I do not know the service ceiling of the BE20, but if it is above 250, then if you want to log it, you must have the endorsement.

Dru

Drudown, you are incorrect.

To ***LOG*** PIC time in the King Air B200, as the "sole manipulator of the controls", you do NOT need a high altitude endorsement. Of course, there better be someone else in the other seat who is qualified, and is, ACTING as PIC, because you cannot ACT as PIC in the BE20 unless you have the high altitude endorsement. There are numerous areas on this board and others (like "Doc's FAR forum" on www.propilot.com and John Lynch's pages which are somehwere on the FAA's website) that go into the differences between "logging PIC vs. acting as PIC" ad infinitum, which are pretty interesting and explain this concept in detail.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back