• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

King Air 100 Down In Utah

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, ten total. The toilet seat in the back was a legal seat, and you could put a pax in the right cockpit seat.
Not a ton of power especially if you had any kind of fuel on board, at that weight.

Hung

No, ten total. The toilet seat in the back was a legal seat, and you could put a pax in the right cockpit seat.
Not a ton of power especially if you had any kind of fuel on board, at that weight.

Hung

Yep, Like the old 200's, the one I flew had a 2 place side facing couch, 5 individual seats and a belted potty.

the -28's were very weak. I had 2 in flight shut downs and a pure failure. It was no big deal at altitude, I would not have wanted one to quit down low. The one I flew was a major piece of crap.

From the news report:

"It's just weird. I mean, something happened to make this guy veer left off the runway," Nyland said.

I thought the plane took off and crashed a couple miles away?

I can't imagine putting 10 people in our A100 and departing, especially with all the medical equipment they must have been carrying for dermatology outreach. The 100 is a good airplane but truly the worst of the King Air series in terms of performance.

I can't imagine putting 10 people in our A100 and departing, especially with all the medical equipment they must have been carrying for dermatology outreach. The 100 is a good airplane but truly the worst of the King Air series in terms of performance.

Should have been O.K. to go 200 miles. Assuming they were in C.G.

Looks like the book calls for around 10300 max for the conditions. Very sad crash and really hits home..Just goes to show how unforgiving flying any airplane can be.

I didn't mean to sound like I was armchair quarterbacking, I wasn't there and don't know what happened, it just seemed like a lot when I read the story.

Just out of curiosity, our BOW is just under 7500. Is that a pretty standard weight compared to others?

Latest resources

Back