• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

King Air 100 Down In Utah

400A

Total Time
10 confirmed dead. RIP :(

http://news.aol.com/article/10-dead-in-utah-plane-crash/89210

I do not know about everyone else, but events of late are a reminder to me of how ever vigilant we must all be on the flight deck. Everyone be careful out there!

This is in no way pointing at any cause of any crash, just that these machines we fly can and will bite.

Last edited:

Hung Start

Just the cleanup guy
Total Time
enough
No, ten total. The toilet seat in the back was a legal seat, and you could put a pax in the right cockpit seat.
Not a ton of power especially if you had any kind of fuel on board, at that weight.

Hung

400A

Total Time
No, ten total. The toilet seat in the back was a legal seat, and you could put a pax in the right cockpit seat.
Not a ton of power especially if you had any kind of fuel on board, at that weight.

Hung

Yep, Like the old 200's, the one I flew had a 2 place side facing couch, 5 individual seats and a belted potty.

the -28's were very weak. I had 2 in flight shut downs and a pure failure. It was no big deal at altitude, I would not have wanted one to quit down low. The one I flew was a major piece of crap.

Fly91

Registered Pilot
Total Time
lots
From the news report:

"It's just weird. I mean, something happened to make this guy veer left off the runway," Nyland said.

I thought the plane took off and crashed a couple miles away?

jergar999

Total Time
I can't imagine putting 10 people in our A100 and departing, especially with all the medical equipment they must have been carrying for dermatology outreach. The 100 is a good airplane but truly the worst of the King Air series in terms of performance.

400A

Total Time
I can't imagine putting 10 people in our A100 and departing, especially with all the medical equipment they must have been carrying for dermatology outreach. The 100 is a good airplane but truly the worst of the King Air series in terms of performance.

Should have been O.K. to go 200 miles. Assuming they were in C.G.

noserider

Total Time
Looks like the book calls for around 10300 max for the conditions. Very sad crash and really hits home..Just goes to show how unforgiving flying any airplane can be.

jergar999

Total Time
I didn't mean to sound like I was armchair quarterbacking, I wasn't there and don't know what happened, it just seemed like a lot when I read the story.

Just out of curiosity, our BOW is just under 7500. Is that a pretty standard weight compared to others?