Kiah, Khou

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
dispatcher121 said:
If you look at the satellite image, Rita took a right turn and is now headed ENE.
It looks like MSY will be the winner again...

click here: Hurricane Rita

Also if you check the TAF's, it looks like HOU and IAH are going to get some winds but no bitch slap from Rita.

click here: TAF

I wouldn't bet the farm on this unless it ain't worth that much. The Houston area is far from "out of the woods" at this point. Check back and post on Sat. morning when it hits land...

premature response?.

IAH Houston was a mess yesterday. Not enough workers to run busses from the hardstands, enough rampers to flag aircraft in for parking, not enough rampers to move the baggage in the time needed, huge lines at security, people camped out in the halls, clearances getting voided because flights were not getting out in time and therfore ATC having to re-submit them leading to overloads on the computer system, and aircraft waiting around taxiways making a traffic jam since they weren't getting parked on time... I'm glad I got out of there. It would've been worse to be on the highways; it looked like stop and go (emphasize the stop part) three lanes deep for as long as I could see the roads. We were supposed to go back today but everything's cancelled for us until Sunday. Guess I need to sit back enjoy the hotel and collect the per diem till then.

Latest resources

Back