• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Key Bank Loan refinancing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just wondering, how much did you guys have to borrow to have payments like that? I did most my training in 1992, and I spent about 20k. I did my CFII, Multi, and MEI through flight schools where I worked and spent about $1500. I guess times have changed.

http://www.nelnet.net will consolidate private loans; however, the lowest possible rate you could get is 8.75%. I'm already floating around that with my Key loan. The good thing about it is the payments are lower because the term is longer. The bad thing is you're paying more in the end!

Last month I payed my minimum of $506 and it covered $1.12 of the principal. Progress!

g

Tried applying to that site today. I was shot down due to the fact that I attended Delta Connection Academy. They assign a score to a school based upon how many people have defaulted on loans that attended the school. DCA's score is through the roof. Go figure.

How does that work? If you default on a loan, what happens?

How does that work? If you default on a loan, what happens?

If you Default on a loan what you're doing is simply not paying the monthly bills. If you do this you've basically destroyed your credit file/score and can forget about getting any kind of good credit for a long time. Also, anyone you may already have a credit account with my jack your APR up to the Default rate once they see you're not paying your bills somewhere else. These rates tend to be as high as 30%. Long story short, don't default.

If you can't afford your loan repayment, it's much smarter to put it in Forbearance or Defferment. These options do not hurt your credit. If you have any kind of financial hardship the lender will postpone your payments with one of those two options; however, interest will still accrue. You can also elect special graduated or longer term payment plans as well. It doesn't hurt to talk to a financial advisor if all this is new to you.

g

Last edited:
Considering the amount of people that share your sediment, I'm kinda surprised that there isn't a website out there called "Ihatekeybank.com" yet

There would be, if anyone stuck with their payments could spare a few bucks for the domain name...

They need to make friends with someone who has a Chase or BofA account then.

Latest resources

Back