Key Aviation

saltyworks

Total Time
Any info on Key Aviation in Oxford CT. I have a posible job lead but I do not know alot about them?

eljefe

Total Time
It's actually Key Air.

They're a management company with a fleet of Hawkers, Gulfstreams, and (I think) a Lear of some flavor.

They also operate the airport and FBO, Keystone aviation.

I'd say, as a generalization, they're typical of small management companies...maybe a slight cut above in some ways.

If you're looking for more specifics, like salary and such, I'm a little out of touch to offer that with any accuracy.

Ace-of-the-Base

Total Time
saltyworks said:
Any info on Key Aviation in Oxford CT. I have a posible job lead but I do not know alot about them?
Key Air is a slightly below average 135/91 company. I have had several friends fly for them. Their planes are tired, but their maintenance and operations are ok. Pay is average. They fly quite a bit of charter and you should expect to be gone alot.

If you're looking to get into a company and work your way up to the Gulfstreams, this would be a pretty good choice.

Ace

Diesel

TEB Hilton resident
Total Time
up to 10 posts? Really cranking them out. :)

eljefe

Total Time
It's the guy who, for very little extra money, gets all the phone calls. Both the good ones and bad ones. :D

BTW....I agree with some of your comments above. But Key Air's fleet ranges from some ahhh...venerable airplanes, like G-II s/n 50, to a G-450 , a couple of G-V's, and a couple of late s/n G-IV's.

Last edited:

Diesel

TEB Hilton resident
Total Time
I'm aiming for quality...not quantity.
I've allways done the oposite when it comes to women. Maybe that's why it burns when I pee.

English

Total Time

AA717driver

A simpler time...
Total Time
+/-13k
I had uh, "dinner" in SAV with a couple of Key Air guys, one of which was the recenly deposed co-owner of the company. Nice guys. One was a furloughed USAir guy who didn't take the recall in the late '90's and chose to stay at Key.

I think with any 135 operation, you're not going to find a really good deal. Some are just marginally better than others.

Diesel--Did you have to... Oh, never mind! ;) :rolleyes: TC

Vastly Underemp

Mr. Priapism
Total Time
wasted
Key Air perspective....10 days off per calender quarter, though if they don't call you by 8 pm you have the next day off....Hawker Capt pay is 75K (approx), FO is 45K (I think)....you must live within 2 hours of base, no wait that's airborne in 2 hours from when you get the phone call (thanks but no thanks), nice new hanger and a pretty good maintenance staff, dispatch and flight following dept., PIC files flight plans, several high profile clients, many overflow flights from Netjets

Last edited: