• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Keep the Faith

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As the rest rules just became more stringent for the 121 carriers on Jan 04th the abuse runs rampant in the so called fractionals. I wish the FAA would wake up and realize the rules need to change for the fracs hiding under the 91/135 umbrella.

Here's a thought! Let's just lump FAR 135 into the new FAR 117 rest criteria!

Whaddaya think, Gut?

(Sorry for the thread drift. I couldn't resist ;))

Frac,

That's a loaded question (but then again, you knew that...) :rolleyes:

I think there are simpler ways to achieve the goal of mitigating fatigue than 117, which I find problematic on many levels. If you're thinking that imposition of 117 in the 91K/135 arena might require operators to have more pilots and thus hasten recall, that might be true (at least until fed-up owners begin scurrying back to the waiting embrace of Part 91 management companies). But it will be a long time before the FAA gets around to addressing Flight/Duty regs in our little world.

Since the topic was about recalls and pilot attrition at NetJets, let's get back to that shall we?

One enterprising sort keeps really close tabs on the seniority list numbers and apparently, we lost 11 pilots in the month of December which is a post-furlough new league record.

Attrition is accelerating and I'll wager 75-100 more will be gone by 4th of July weekend.

So... if you like your pre-furlough QOL, you can keep your pre-furlough QOL :p

Period.

My money is still on an imminent recall with class dates beginning in April. They will likely bring back an initial 100-150 this year. I say this because we are 110% understaffed and that was the silly metric to which Sokol justified staffing levels. We all know that JH is meticulously following his predecessor's gameplan which isn't exactly well suited for the worlds preeminent luxury brand of transportation.

And as we add those new fleets... A training float will definitely be needed with 3-6 month training backlogs.

Good news on three levels:

1. Faith and patience will soon be rewarded.
2. The reasons for it are a negotiating point that WE can exploit (ie: attrition).
3. The company finally realized we are woefully short on FA's (and it's a negotiating point for them, too).

And I still have RED lanyards for all of you. Welcome back.

Great news and Red Lanyards are a basic issue item upon return!

Latest resources

Back