Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rajflyboy

Well

Every time I land at KBNA ATC gives Southwest priority over us and other aircraft at the airport.

Is LUV having donut and whiskey parties at night for these controllers in Nashvegas?

Give it up...so old already. Happens to everyone BOOO freakin Hooooo! Last time I was in BNA priority was given to a Hawker....oh my, maybe I should cry about it. SWA has alot more flights in BNA then anyone else. Law of averages say they will be first come first served. Had a Jetblue get put in front of us for a flow time (cant remember where, didnt really matter) maybe we should have complained about that also. :bawling:

Last edited:
Just the way it is, my friend.

Lived in BNA all my life, primary flight training there in '87 and flying in and out ever since. Back in the 90's, when it was one of AA's bases, AA got the priority over everyone.

Now that SWA just about OWNS the A concourse (except for 4 AA gates and the 4 on the corner that don't even have jetbridges), the Airport Authority is hoping it will be the next Southwest base and get even bigger. Hence, SWA gets a lot of preferential treatment.

It's just business, don't take it personally. Fly safe, and have fun out there! :)

Well

Every time I land at KBNA ATC gives Southwest priority over us and other aircraft at the airport.

Is LUV having donut and whiskey parties at night for these controllers in Nashvegas?

Weren't you whining about this a month ago?

You need to find some new material.

If they LUV us so much why do they give us such a hard freaking time when we ask for RWY 31?

Or the 7 THOUSAND foot downwind.

OR
OR
OR

Gup

If they LUV us so much why do they give us such a hard freaking time when we ask for RWY 31?

OR
OR
OR

Gup

Aw, c'mon. You know you guys love throwing the gear out, boards, flaps 40 then turn base abeam the numbers, retract the flaps back to whatever setting at 500 ft, and still put it in the touchdown zone:D

Last time that happened when I was in the back the nuns across the aisle from me started saying Hail Marys. I thought it was pretty shweet.

OR
OR
OR

Gup

Is it because they're landing and departing 13? ;)

You can thank the rich snobby people in Brentwood for the 7,000' downwind coming in from the west and landing north...

Your flight pattern takes you right over some very wealthy home owners southeast of Music Row right about the time you'd normally turn base. By holding you up at 7 and clearing you for the approach about 2 miles further south of a normal pattern turn, they either get you to extend your downwind or guarantee you're at flight idle as you make your turn.

I don't make the news, I just report it... ;)

Latest resources

Back