Kauai Helo Jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CesnaCaptn

I'm headed out to Kauai and I was wondering if any of the helicopter tour operators let any 121 pilots "jumpseat." I've heard of one on Maui and some Alaska tour operators who will let pilots hitch a free ride as long as they were going on a revenue flight and they have space available.

I did a tour years ago on Jack Harter's tour and they said no when I asked. There's a few other operators out there though so I would give them a call and ask. But I wouldn't put the bank on any of them giving you a free ride.

Just jumped on Blue Hawaiian in November. Call ahead and "list/reserve" your seat. Best operator out there.

Agreed. Blue Hawaiian. Be sure you take your ID. They took my family "space available" for $50/each.

Gup

Check your Jump Seat list and see if they are on your list. If not then why should they let you on?

Check your Jump Seat list and see if they are on your list. If not then why should they let you on?

I'm not going to argue with your logic, but if I can get a free ride, I'm going to take it.

Why should they give us a free ride? I have no idea. Why does El Dorado Gold Mine give Alaska employees free tours? I'm not really sure, but when my family came with me on a 22 hour FAI overnight during the summer, we took advantage of the discount (100% for me).

I agree and have taken the free tours and discounts. I just have to laugh at some of the questions I have seen on this board like "jumpseating" on AMTRACK or Greyhound. The Helo guys are a little more believable.

I agree and have taken the free tours and discounts. I just have to laugh at some of the questions I have seen on this board like "jumpseating" on AMTRACK or Greyhound. The Helo guys are a little more believable.

I've been in Bangladesh before, there they "jumpseat" on the train all the time, it just has to be on the roof!

Latest resources

Back