Katrina update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yep.

That tank either had to make its way about a quarter mile thru a bunch of rather large pine trees and houses from the FBO to the highway or it had to go west from the FBO and hang a right to go down the runway to get to I10.

Very sobering....

How full was that tank? A demonstation of Mother Nature's power.

NuGuy said:
Martial law has been delcared in 2 Parishes.

Absolutely horriffic...

Nu
wow, the military has usurped the jurisdiciton of two counties in America? Dang...that'll show the ensurgents who's boss. The hysteria...

Yank McCobb said:
Still out to prove that you are right, I see. Make sure everyone knows how smart you are.
Hahaha...we'll find out how much the military law is good for once one of America's protected species gets shot by a military man.

Before they rebuild, someone needs to send them a few billion cubic yards of dirt.... get that land built up a bit before the next storm!

FN FAL said:
wow, the military has usurped the jurisdiciton of two counties in America? Dang...that'll show the ensurgents who's boss. The hysteria...

FN,

Under Louisiana state law, the Parish president, which is the same as the county commissioner, has extensive authority in an emergency. Two parish governments have have done just that, by their own authority, not the federal government.

Nu

Last edited:
NuGuy said:
FN,

Don't be a complete dork. Under Louisiana state law, the Parish president, which is the same as the county commissioner, has extensive authority in an emergency. Two parish governments have have done just that, by their own authority, not the federal government.

Nu
I can agree with that. I can also agree with state sovreignty...and now a state is emergency and peace must be kept. State troops will patrol those two parishes. They will help to keep the peace...but there will still be three branches in government in Louisiana, New Orleans and those two parishes. The judicial, the legislative and executive and as far as i'm concerned, the state guard is still the executive and not the judicial. I don't care what the governor says...it's all hysteria and when the first black person is shot as looter, you're going to see backlash greater than Kent State.

NuGuy said:
FN,

Under Louisiana state law, the Parish president, which is the same as the county commissioner, has extensive authority in an emergency. Two parish governments have have done just that, by their own authority, not the federal government.

Nu
Dude, you can call me a complete dork...it's only bantering on the internet...it's not even 1/16th the value of a reality tv show. I'd drink beers with any body on this forum...I don't care what the hell we argue about. The battle is the glory.

FN FAL said:
Dude, you can call me a complete dork...it's only bantering on the internet...it's not even 1/16th the value of a reality tv show. I'd drink beers with any body on this forum...I don't care what the hell we argue about. The battle is the glory.

Hi FN,

I try to keep a civil tongue :) .

I agree about the arms part. I saw clips of NOPD with automatic arms. The news is talking about people going to the parts of I-10 that are dry. Flood, panic, guns and shrinking dry land is a bad, bad combination.

They had a pretty grim animation on one of the news channels. With the busted levee, the lake will seek it's own level... Not good...

Edited to add: This is from WWL-TV in NO:

****ALL RESIDENTS ON THE EAST BANK OF ORLEANS AND JEFFERSON REMAINING IN THE METRO AREA ARE BEING TOLD TO EVACUATE AS EFFORTS TO SANDBAG THE LEVEE BREAK HAVE ENDED. THE PUMPS IN THAT AREA ARE EXPECTED TO FAIL SOON AND 9 FEET OF WATER IS EXPECTED IN THE ENTIRE EAST BANK. WITHIN THE NEXT 12-15 HOURS****

Nu

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back