Katrina Help

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BigEasy

Folks I know this is the majors board but I need info.

My house is just about wiped out from the hurricane. I am looking for a place to rent in the Atlanta or Houston area.

I am based in ATL so that would be best but currently I am here in a Houston hotel with my family.

If anyone has info on furnished apartments or what not please PM me or reply.

Thanks

Homeless in Houston.

Sorry to hear about your situation. I would look into an off-season rental on one of the lakes (Lanier, Altoona, etc.). Sometimes you can do better in that kind of situation- they are already furnished with most things you could need, and might as well enjoy the great outdoors until life can return to some semblance of normalcy.

PM me for more info, if you like.

Regards,

TW

bert

good to hear you guys are ok... i was thinking about you today... i think you can get a furnished apartment in newnan here if i remember correctly

terry

There are a ton of Amli complexes both North and South of ATL. Try www.amli.com

Good luck.

Thanks to everyone that has responded to my request, I do appreciate it.

Looks like things may get worse before they get better.

Thanks again.

1300 square feet
from $1419 - $1464

Hmnmmm . . . . that same money would probably get you a furnished house on a lake with a dock, a boat house, decent schools, no crime, crappy commute, and a lifelong desire for waterfront property, or . . . . . you could get an apartment. Personally, I'd rather slit my wrists than go the apartment route, call me crazy.

PS, I lost a house in the storm, too, so pardon my levity. Thankfully, it wasn't my primary residence, so it is certainly not as bad, but I can certainly appreciate what you are going through . . . best of luck.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back