KASE alternate

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
hawkerjet said:
Been based at ASE for over a year and rifle is the best bet. only a two hr ride from the airport.

Dang you must drive slow. I have made it to aspen from rifle in little over 1 hour not 2. It is about a 2 hour drive to Grand Junction

I have landed in ASE many times in the Ultra. Rifle is the best drive according to pax, and the approach is nice. However if ASE and EGE are down for weather, RIF is a mess sometimes on a busy weekend.

Like someone said, Configure the beast before or at Red Table. If you wait until past Red Table it maybe too late to get down in a orderly fashion.

My advice is don't go in there on an approach for your first time. Wait until it is VFR and then enjoy the view, it is a beautiful approach down the roaring fork river and you can see the terrian for the next time you go there. Also the town is a fun overnight...

Well, luckily the owner of my company decided to take the trip since the weather was crappy and I had zero Aspen experience. I called dispatch this morning and found out that he had to divert to Rifle and then had to divert again to his second alternate of KGJT.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back