• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think go-around was referring to Kitty Litter, not big kitty

Hi!

Just a little more info:
There are 3 Kalitta's:
Big Kalitta-747s around the world
Medium Kalitta-727s + some other bigger planes?
Little Kalitta-Falcon 20s and lears.

I think the 2 smaller Kalitta's are run by nephews of Connie Kalitta, who runs Big Kalitta.

Cliff
YIP

No Way

GOAROUND said:
YOU DO NOT WANT TO WORK AT KALITTA. THE REASONS ARE AS FOLLOWS

Worst pay in the industry
Terrible maintenance.
Extremely dangerous operation and the list goes on. You would be better of somewhere eles like USA JET.

Couldn't disagree more on the maint. I have been at places with pi$$ poor maint and this is not one of them (Kalitta Charters). Don't know anything about 10 years ago but it is stellar now. 99.9% of the stuff in the a/c works, even defferable stuff. And if something breaks, it gets fixed, fast!

Base pay sux, first year pay sux. But noone beyond the first 3-6 months (from hire date) is living on base pay. Capts average 60-100k depending on time in service, and of course how busy it is.

Ther are 3 companys.

Kalitta Charters -lears and falcons (where I work)
Kalitta Charters II- 727s
Kalitta Air- 747s

Kalitta Air is owned by Connie, Charters and Charters II owned by doug Kalitta-Connies nephew.

Not dangerous, never been asked to do anything illegal, including duty time or flying broken a/c.

I do realise things may have been diff in the past, but not now. Speaking from experience at Kalitta Charters of course.-kingaira90

Hey guys, I saw a beautiful white B-727-200 sitting in Honolulu last week next to FedEx. What contract is it flying? Looks like a good gig-- flying in the tropics :)

Boogie,

Was it a gray 727. Kalitta Charters Too has been trying to get a 727 flying out there doing inter-island stuff. They were getting alot of opposition from Local FAA out there.

cj610

GOAROUND forgot the old saying,

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

But, then again, who hasn't been there before?

This open public forum is to help fellow pilots find jobs, not bad mouth airlines you don't even work for!

I like working for Kalitta Air. I was unemployed for almost two years and they gave me a job.

Kalitta will be doing more hiring. 3 more classes are scheduled for this year, with 12 FO's and 6 FE/SO in each class.

If you can't show up and personnally turn in your resume email it to the chief pilot. Take a trip to Detroit and say I just happened to be in the area and thought I would walk in my resume!

Good Luck

Last edited:
I thought they were using PFEs? I noticed their payscales has numbers for PFE and SO - aren't newhires put into an FO seat or do they go in as SO? What is the difference for that matter?

Thanks

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back