• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kallita

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good thing you didn't have to go out in the woods with Chuck, Gearmonkey Spanker, you'd still be there.

Wow, great to see a new lad here getting off to a good start with a nice friendly first post. Clark's alter ego, No?

popcorn.gif

It was really nice of the Kalitta guys not to pound little ClarkW., I hope he learns his lesson and never never flames again!!!

A quick question for you Kalitta pilots, how is Doug to work for? I've met him a few times, along with his brother Scott, and father Connie at NHRA events, and they are pretty laid back in that arena (I used to fly one of the other team owners). Just wondering if he is a decent guy to fly for.

Connie's an sob, Doug is his nephew seems to be pretty easygoing-I caught a ride with him once. Scott is Connie's son.

Doug

Doug is actually a really cool guy I think and he is a darn good pilot. He sure doesn't like paying ramp/facility/any fees or more than $2 a gal for fuel though. What I like about Doug is he actually worked his way up from the bottom at Connie's, he started out as a welder and a mechanic, then worked his way up flying to DC-8 captain. I think he was typed in the Lear at 21. The problem with the company right now is some of the management and most of dispatch. They are all in their yearly panic mode because business isn't steady so they make stupid choices and we(I) end up sitting in PHX for a total of 15 days in October making $1.50 an hour.

if they are in a panic, how come they are interviewing and hiring?

Oh jeez, hello pilotyip. Our Disptach isn't as professional as say, USAJet, so they are panicing because things are slow and seem to be randomly competitive with the competition. We are hiring because we are short on flight crews due to guys leaving for fractionals and airlines and upgrades. They raised the starting pay to livable wages recently so they can get FO's to at least show up to interview and see what the place is like. We definetly aren't hiring because auto freight is booming.

Latest resources

Back